Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Lazy vegetarian

catherinebgilbert
catherinebgilbert Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2015 in Recipes
I'm looking for some quick and easy vegetarian lunch and dinner recipes.

Replies

• fat2fitvegan
    fat2fitvegan Posts: 30 Member
    Salads are probably the quickest and easiest meal options. Vegetables with hummus or a veggie/hummus wrap. Tofu scramble. Quinoa with roasted veggies.

If you prep in advance, you can cook a lot at one time and freeze it in individual portions so all you have to do for lunch and dinner is defrost a serving of food. The crockpot isn't quick but it is very easy and if you start it in the morning, it will be ready for dinner. Chili is super good in the crockpot, as well as dried beans and then for dinner all you have to do is cook up some quinoa or brown rice to go with it.

Quick Fix Vegan is also a good cookbook that has a lot of recipes that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
  • I like Eggplant parmigiana for dinners sometimes, sweet potato and black bean burritos, homemade hummus and veggies for lunch, spinach stuffed shells, avocado on toast, gluten free pasta with alfredo sauce and peas...
    I recommend using pinterest for searching, you can google of course, all recipes and if you want very low calorie delicious veg/vegan desserts go to chocolatecoveredkatie.com she also has some dinner options and breakfast too!
  • maryb859
    maryb859 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm a vegetarian too, and a BIG food lover. Some of my fave low-cal "recipes" (I'm one of those improvisational cookers so I don't really follow recipes):

- baked sweet potato with black bean salsa
    - Kale and mushroom stroganoff
    - Tofu and veggie stir fry with sweet chili sauce
    - Any type of stuffed squash
    - Spaghetti squash with meatless balls
    - Quiche/ egg casseroles with veggies
    - Black bean enchiladas
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Lazy, yes. But, really prepping your food on Sunday afternoon makes cooking vegetarian SO much easier.