it is probably not "muscle"

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• watercross
    watercross Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Forget the scale - measure inches. If you are at a calorie deficit and doing cardio you could lose muscle as well as fat. You could also gain muscle if a newbie to exercising. Could also be water. So again measure inches and forget the scale.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    says who

Evolutionary and physiological science.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Meh. I'm torn. I really probably isn't muscle but the people always remind people of that in the douchiest way. It usually just sounds like "it's probably not muscle and you're probably a loser and I'm the only one who can build muscle." It happens though I guess.

Did you even read my op? The reason I put probably is because there are certain scenarios where one can add muscle in a deficit. However, if you are eating 1200 calories a day and doing minimal training then it is not muscle....

He's agreeing with you, but wanting people to not be obnoxious when they point out that it is probably not muscle.

What specifically was obnoxious about my post?

I don't believe @CalorieCountChocula was referring to your OP, but to other threads in which people have been obnoxious while saying that it's probably not muscle.

which has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Meh. I'm torn. I really probably isn't muscle but the people always remind people of that in the douchiest way. It usually just sounds like "it's probably not muscle and you're probably a loser and I'm the only one who can build muscle." It happens though I guess.

Did you even read my op? The reason I put probably is because there are certain scenarios where one can add muscle in a deficit. However, if you are eating 1200 calories a day and doing minimal training then it is not muscle....

He's agreeing with you, but wanting people to not be obnoxious when they point out that it is probably not muscle.

I don't believe @CalorieCountChocula was referring to your OP, but to other threads in which people have been obnoxious while saying that it's probably not muscle.

Of course it does. If I understand @CalorieCountChocula correctly, he's saying people who point this out don't need to do it in such an obnoxious way as he has seen in the past.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Of course it does. If I understand @CalorieCountChocula correctly, he's saying people who point this out don't need to do it in such an obnoxious way as he has seen in the past.

again, it was already pointed out that there is nothing obnoxious in this thread, so it does not pertain to this thread.

I re-bumped this to help new members, not to argue about perceived slights…

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

How exactly can one say that in an obnoxious way even?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

That's all well and fine, but there are only so many ways to say it. Frankly, I've not seen evidence for there being "obnoxiousness" in the past, and how the concept of "obnoxiousness even got introduced into the conversation is beyond me.

Can we please not have yet another thread derailed with dem feelz? This is good, factual information. A lot of people are spouting the erroneous "it's probably muscle" to queries about people not losing weight.

Correcting that misinformation is important.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

How exactly can one say that in an obnoxious way even?

Ur nOt mAkInG mAd GaInZ, bRo, eL Oh, El. SiLly NoOb!

Was that obnoxious enough?

Except I've never seen anyone do that.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

I like what @PeachyCarol said. It's only obnoxious in the way you read it to yourself, this would be your problem in how you internalize information. Maybe you can express "It's not muscle," in a better way, not sure how.

Thank you @ndj1979 for posting this.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Agree with OP. I also have my thoughts on this:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10232698/muscle-gaining-misconceptions/p1

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Sounds like more of an internal dialogue. More the way that someone who is overweight might take offence to something worded wrong. Did that sales person just imply this dress is too tight? Is she calling me obese?

Well, that escalated... I didn't see him use the word obnoxious.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread ( besides the people who are reading too much into "it's not muscle" being obnoxious. How could that even be taken as obnoxious? The world can't be sugar coated all the time )