Shakeology and max30

dmokhtari
dmokhtari Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I keep hearing a lot about Shakeology and Max30. I almost bought this until I found out it was over $100 a month. I would love to hear from someone who is using it and how it is helping them before I invest so much. I am not looking for a sales pitch, just want some honest feedback.

Replies

• ba502
    ba502 Posts: 54 Member
    I'm almost scared to post this as I've read so much shakeology bashing on this site. However I do use it and love it. It keeps me feeling full until lunchtime which works perfect for my job where I can't do a snack. I feel that this has helped with my blood sugar levels and I had awesome test results for my last blood tests. It works for me. It is pricey, but I'm okay with that.
    As far as Max 30 goes....I absolutely love the program. I completed Insanity a year ago which I also really liked. However I think I like Max 30 even more. One of the best features is the modified track, in my opinion. I have finished 1 round of Max 30 and have started my second round. I lost 8lbs and a couple inches with my first round.
    Anyway that's just what has been working for me.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited March 2015
    I finished Insanity Max 30 a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. However, I gave up on Shakeology after a few tries. I hated the taste. It gave me no more energy than I get from the Quest Protein powder that I'm using now. That said, you can always try Shakeology for yourself by purchasing a few trial packets. If you like it, buy more. If not, look for something else. There are many other shakes out there with a lot of nutritional value to them that are much cheaper than Shakeology, imho.
  • dmokhtari
    Thank you to both of you! I may give it a shot!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    ba502 wrote: »
    I'm almost scared to post this as I've read so much shakeology bashing on this site. However I do use it and love it. It keeps me feeling full until lunchtime which works perfect for my job where I can't do a snack. I feel that this has helped with my blood sugar levels and I had awesome test results for my last blood tests. It works for me. It is pricey, but I'm okay with that.
    As far as Max 30 goes....I absolutely love the program. I completed Insanity a year ago which I also really liked. However I think I like Max 30 even more. One of the best features is the modified track, in my opinion. I have finished 1 round of Max 30 and have started my second round. I lost 8lbs and a couple inches with my first round.
    Anyway that's just what has been working for me.

It isn't bashing .. it is simply pointing out that the nutrition of Shakeology is readily available in much less expensive ways. $4-5 per serving for what is essentially a protein shake is expensive.

• dmokhtari
    I am not really interested in the shakes. I don't really like protein shakes. I am interested in the thirty workout DVDs.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    ba502 wrote: »
    I'm almost scared to post this as I've read so much shakeology bashing on this site.

It's not so much their products that come under fire but the MLM sales model and the way "coaches" (salespeople) will frequently write glowing product recommendations and reviews without disclosing the obvious conflict of interest.

• stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    You have to find what works for you. Everyone has an opinion and that is great. Do your research and find foods, supplements and fitness routines that fit your lifestyle an will allow you to live a long, healthy and happy life for you and your family.

*Disclaimer for Brian* I am a Beachbody coach and am happy to say I love helping people achieve their goals whether they purchase products or not.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    *Disclaimer for Brian* I am a Beachbody coach and am happy to say I love helping people achieve their goals whether they purchase products or not.

We need a like button in the forums!

• stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    I understand there is a lot of dislike toward Beachbody and their coaches on here and in other forums. I find that extremely unfortunate because there are great coaches who genuinely put helping other above anything else. There are some truly good ones among us.
  • jsobole
    jsobole Posts: 139 Member
    You have to find what works for you. Everyone has an opinion and that is great. Do your research and find foods, supplements and fitness routines that fit your lifestyle an will allow you to live a long, healthy and happy life for you and your family.

*claps*

Great post! Do what works for you! As long as you aren't harming yourself, I could care less what people choose to spend their money on! Some people think it's worth it, some don't... try it for yourself and then decide!

• dmokhtari
    Agree....there needs to be a like button! Thanks guys!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    I love beachbody workout programs but wouldn't touch their supplements considering how overpriced they are due to the MLM structure. I haven't done max 30 but I think insanity/T25 in general is too much cardio. Preferably you would want something with more resistance training. But if max 30 is something you enjoy, then it's better than nothing and you can always reassess your goals and/or workout plan later on.

And yes while there are a small handful of good coaches that want to help, when you create a thread, there are many more who will blast your inbox with request and messages. Heck, I get it all the time just for posting in the BB threads and I am a mod. You would think they would be smart enough not to advertise to a mod, but not everyone is that swift.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    As far as I can tell the only qualifications to being called a BB "Coach" is paying a $39.95 up front fee and $15.95 a month. I'm sure there are some out there that help people, but to me personally the term "coach" means or should mean some level of expertise (training/testing/experience, etc) required in the field. Not just a credit card to make your payments with.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    I have purchased both Max 30 and I drink Shakeology daily. For me personally crunching the numbers the Shake wasn't much more expensive then what I was spending on my daily lunches and the nutritional value was double then what I normally ate. So for me it made sense. I also hate veggies and only like certain fruits so if I can get a good dose of my nutrition from something like a Chocolate shake I'm all for it. I don't/won't pressure others to buy it. For some people it makes sense, for others it's a total waste of money.

Max 30 is tough but there is a modifier option to have on screen at all times. I am a huge fan of the original Insanity. I currently do it as a hybrid with Body Beast. As an overall program Max 30 is great because just about every single video is a good total body mix of cardio, body weight training, and circuits. That being said it wasn't working well for me because it wasn't allowing my upper body enough time to recover to do Body Beast the next day so I have not completed it.