When to increase calories?

Options
I've been at 1200 calories for the last 9 weeks or so, and I'm now within 6 pounds of my goal weight. Though I'm not ready to go to maintenance, I'm curious how and when others have gone about increasing calories? Feel like it's time to start thinking about when I will do that.... Thanks for your thoughts!

Replies

• Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    When I reached my halfway mark (15 out of 30 lbs) , I started to add back 50 calories/ day for every 2.5 lbs I lose on the 2nd half. Obviously this is slowing down the loss now, but my hope is I will eventually just ease into maintenance and not go through wild fluctuations adding several hundred a day when I get to my goal weight and attempt to find my sweet spot. I'm currently just a little over 10 lbs away but I'm in no rush :D. Congratulations on your loss to date!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Perhaps eat half way between 1200 and maintenance.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    My plan is to reach my goal and then gradually increase calories until I figure out what maintenance is. I figure it is better to be a little below my goal than to be over.
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about going back to 1240-50 a day and maybe increasing by 50 cal a day for a week, and then another 50 the following etc...
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Have you already reached your goal weight?
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    5-6 pounds away... Not changing anything yet- just trying to think it out.