How often do you weigh?

Options

Replies

• tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. I used to weigh every day but that just messed with my psyche too much.

Me too.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, only log losses, and only record whole pounds.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Daily
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    once a week, every sunday.. sometimes, once in two weeks.. :)
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Weigh everyday and log it everyday. It's much easier to see a trend with more data points.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and then average my weight for the week. My averaged weight is what I enter here. That way fluctuations "average out" and I get to see a downward trend.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday.
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but I don't log unless I've seen a loss (usually once a week) AND unless I've seen the number on the scale one more than one day. That way I know it was probably not a fluke and I did actually lose that weight. I like to weigh myself daily simply because it helps me track if I'm retaining fluid and need to take a look at my habits. If I see a sudden jump in the scale then I know it's just fluid retention, and that means I need to watch my sodium intake, drink more water, and consider going to bed earlier that night.
  • cruciia
    cruciia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, I'm interested in the daily fluctuations in weight, it's interesting to me. I have the Fitbit Aria scale so it logs to MFP automatically.
  • jaysiekemso
    jaysiekemso Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    About 3 times a week :)
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself. Lol. My personal trainer weighs me once a month. I probably have to start weighing every week or so though. Since I'm not counting calories anymore. Don't want the weight creeping up on me again.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Every other week
  • MalineVD
    MalineVD Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I weigh when I visit my parents. Don't have a scale of my own, but I'm actually happy with that, or I would be on it twice day or so. I do take measurements.
  • cazpom37
    cazpom37 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    every friday morning, as soon as i get up (after i've been to the bathroom :blush: )
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Daily or whenever I want. I find the not knowing more of a distraction and am fine with fluctuations I just like data.
  • mokaiba
    mokaiba Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every day, but only record my weight on MFP once a week. I was pleasantly surprised this morning to be 2lb lighter than my last recorded weigh-in just 2 days ago! Hope I'm still the same when it comes to logging it this Friday as this would be my best ever loss.

weighed myself a couple years ago.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm only recently back on MFP but in the past I'd log it once a week but sneakily jump on the scales in between. Mondays are always depressing after the weekend. I also measure weekly as it's a real boost if your weight hasn't changed but your body shape has.

That said, years ago when I went to Curves (we moved so I stopped) they would measure and weigh and check body fat once a month. I think that was a very healthy way to go as when I was on WeightWatchers even more years ago I'd end up getting depressed about 1lb or 2lb gained when really that could go with one big poo! I'm too curious to leave it longer than a week weighing at home but try not to get too upset week to week.

Jeez, I sound like a proper yo-yo dieter. I'm 32 and it's always been a struggle as I'm 5'1" with the appetite of a 6 footer!
  • Chines03
    Chines03 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I use to daily but I plan to stop TODAY and start weekly. I did my weekly weigh in yesterday and was happy with the number. Got on this morning and was 3.2 lbs heavier. It really broke my heart. So I am getting my hubby to hide the scale and only give it to me on Sunday mornings for my weekly weigh ins.
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Once every week or two. I used to be obsessed and weighing myself multiple times a day so I dont want that to happen again