What am I doing wrong?

So I'm ready to have a breakdown here. This is my issue. No matter what I do and what I eat I can only lose 10lbs every time I attempt to lose weight. For the past 2 years I have tried to lose weight 6 times and everytime I lose the 10 I give up after another month of not losing anything else. What am I doing wrong?? I am 6'0 224lbs and I eat 1800calories a day if I can't make it to gym and I eat 2000 if I do go to gym. I mix it up and I do lift lightly but please what am I doing wrong?? I even tried low carb and not one pound came off. I don't want to give up but I'm depressed over this.

Replies

• angelunchained5
    angelunchained5 Posts: 73 Member
    Wow! Sorry your having a hard day! It sounds like you are working hard and the best advice any trainer or doctor ever gave me is small changes persistently never big changes overnight. Do you measure or just weigh in? Because I lost in the first month but then the scale just seemed to stop going down. Thankfully I was measuring and the measurements showed inches coming off where fat was. I was loosing fat but gaining muscle which is heavier. The scale isn't a great method. I prefer to measure. Whould that help at all?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited March 2015
    First of all, weight loss is not linear. Second, without accurate logging it is difficult for anyone to look at what you're doing and assess what is right and wrong. That logging makes it possible to compare intake (and identify any potential errors) to burn ... see what might lead to water retention ... etc.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Don't give up this time. This time, you'll lose more than the 10 pounds you keep losing. Just stick with it.

Weigh your food to make sure you're logging correctly and be consistent. Write down your goals, and think about them while you work out. (While I run, I think, "bikini, bikini, bikini")
  • angelunchained5
    angelunchained5 Posts: 73 Member
    Don't give up this time. This time, you'll lose more than the 10 pounds you keep losing. Just stick with it.

Weigh your food to make sure you're logging correctly and be consistent. Write down your goals, and think about them while you work out. (While I run, I think, "bikini, bikini, bikini")

Cute mantra ;)

• splashtree5
    splashtree5 Posts: 210 Member
    Don't give up this time. This time, you'll lose more than the 10 pounds you keep losing. Just stick with .

don't weigh food, just mirror yourself