Do you give yourself rewards for reaching your goals?

Options
My_Butt
My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
I've been doing insanity, and I want to do five rounds this year (my all time favorite workout). And every time I finish a round, I reward myself with more work on my tattoo sleeve and something else. So far I have, a new wardrobe, a new Shaun t DVD set, and my ultimate reward is a vacation. I can't think of two more rewards yet, so I wanted to see what you all have waiting for you.

Replies

• Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I don't. The journey is its own reward and the results are a reward as well.

But I have learned to keep myself generally, well, "rewarded" :) meaning I make sure I am aware of my needs and desires and am fulfilling them as I go along - had my hair cur short *before* the weight loss, try to keep my wardrobe pleasant to wear, get or do the things I want within my budget, etc. It includes both material and spiritual pleasures in life.

May sound weird but I am convinced taking care of all those things for myself for a few years was a significant step to my feeling I am ready to change my relationship with food. I don't use food any more to plug "holes" and reward or console myself, but I don't wait to give myself something I want until I "earn" it either.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Nope. I will post about things on here just to express my happiness, or I'll do internal happy dances. I wanted to scream out loud when I deadlifted 200lbs for the first time lol.

I guess i'm sort of going to reward myself in June when I go to Japan for 10 days, but that's a like... life experience, not something I'm doing as a reward for anything.

I'm sure that when I go to buy new clothes for the trip though I'll feel rewarded haha.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    no
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Nah. I mean, I have like a million minigoals and I would be digging myself into a hole financially if I started rewarding them. Every day that I get on the scale and see that I've rolled the calendar back to 2006 (and counting) is a good day.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I definitely do. 9 times out of 10 it's cloths because it makes me feel so happy to look so good.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Nope. I don't need to reward myself for doing the right things.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    My health and my fitness *IS* my reward.

It's the ONLY reward that's good enough.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    My health and my fitness *IS* my reward.

It's the ONLY reward that's good enough.

pretty much, that.

i mean, i buy clothes as i need them; i eat what i want (including eating out often and eating deserts); i get haircuts as i need/want them.... seeing the scale go down, or being able to go longer on the elliptical, or being able to increase the weights on the weight machines, IS the reward.....
  • nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't plan out rewards, but I don't think there is anything wrong with that at all even if it is what I should be doing anyway. It's important to be good to yourself.

Sometimes I treat myself to a new book or a videogame I've been eyeing (within my budget of course) but often it is something to help me continue after my goals. For example I've lost five pounds and kept them off, so recently I decided I am serious enough about continuing to invest in a FitBit to help me track my activity a little better. A little further down the line, maybe I'll get myself a dedicated gym bag (I use a tote bag now) or some new workout clothes. I don't really need those to keep going, but they would provide convenience.

Kinda like I'm leveling up as I whittle down? I dunno. It works for me, anyway. XD
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    When I hit 30 pounds lost I got a cartlige piercing I've been wanting, it wasn't a planned reward more of hey it's ok to splurge on myself every now and then. When I hit 60 pounds total loss (aka goal weight) I'm thinking of treating myself to a pair of wireless headphones that I really want.
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's exactly a reward or a need, but when I lose more weight I will have to buy new clothes. I'm back in to my pre-pregnancy clothing now (Hooray!) But I was also overweight when I got pregnant. My husband says he's going to buy me a new wardrobe but really, he's going to have to since I know absolutely nothing will fit.
  • fireguychris
    fireguychris Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    yes.. i celebrate by going to the gym..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    My rewards for losing weight are:

1) I can fit into more of the clothes in my closet.

2) I can cycle further and faster and climb hills with less effort.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. My husband and I didn't have a lot of money and did have a lot of mouths to feed for a long time. So neither of us really spend money at all. At this point we are doing fine financially, but still don't spend money. So if I hit a goal, sometimes I use it as an excuse to buy something I've probably needed for a long time. Sometimes I tell myself I'm going to reward myself and then never do.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've bought new clothes and equipment but they are tied more to necessity than to goals.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I might be taking a trip to Europe soon after I hit my goal. I mean, I don't think that really counts too much because the trip is separate from the goal, but hey! I don't want to fit the fat American stereotype so I guess that would be a plus
  • samanthalynn84
    Options
    I do. I even made a list broken down in 5 pound increments. Little and big things. When I lost the first 5 pounds I bought myself a new eyeshadow. For ten pounds I'm getting new work out tank. 15 pounds and I'm ordering season 1 of SOA on DVD. 20 pounds and I'm buying this beautiful necklace from Etsy. Some other things are new workout gear and more workout clothing, tattoo, shampoo that I love but its pricey compared to my regular shampoo.
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I've decided to reward myself with health/fitness related Treats... My plan, is to reward myself with a bike once I get down 20lbs From my SW. At 10 I got new sneakers... And when I get down 50Lbs, I am going from the Up band to another fitness band(I want one with a HRM and Bluetooth syncing)
    Just marking my goals with rewards that will benefit me along the way :)
  • haysavam
    haysavam Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yaaaaaaassss... Clothes... But it's more like a... You are not allowed to buy these until you do this. (Otherwise I would spend too much -huh, guess I have another binging/overdoing habit I'm trying to regain control of- and my bank account appreciates it).

Otherwise I just set goal like rewards. For instance like signing up for a big 5k race which gets me pumped and excited to train. The training then is itself is my reward! :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I bought a cute ring for hitting onederland/50 pounds lost, but nothing else until I reach my goal (when I'll get a tattoo)