Do you reward yourself when you reach your goals?

Options
My_Butt
My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
I've been doing insanity, and I want to do five rounds this year (my all time favorite workout). And every time I finish a round, I reward myself with more work on my tattoo sleeve and something else. So far I have, a new wardrobe, a new Shaun t DVD set, and my ultimate reward is a vacation. I can't think of two more rewards yet, so I wanted to see what you all have waiting for you.

Replies

• krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I definitely do! :) It gives me something to look forward to. I got myself a new fitness top ("My sports bra works harder than you!") for losing 10lbs. After losing the next 15lbs, I will be getting a new pair of workout shoes. :) After the next, some new fitness wear and/or a new HRM. My last reward is definitely a new wardrobe.
  • grisha17
    grisha17 Posts: 3
    Options
    You surly should but being a bodybuilder we're never satisfied with our physiques lol
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    grisha17 wrote: »
    You surly should but being a bodybuilder we're never satisfied with our physiques lol

That's okay. We're satisfied with bodybuilder's physiques.
  • fattofit_fritch26
    fattofit_fritch26 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have a little goal/reward calendar...my goals start at 10 lbs and go all the way to my goal weight...so my rewards look like this right now (and do change as time goes by):

10 lbs - New workout top or bottoms
    20 lbs - small tattoo
    30 lbs - New gym shoes
    40 lbs - Date night with a new dress
    50 lbs - mani/pedi
    Goal Weight - tattoo (either a new addition to my half sleeve or my thigh piece)
  • Wolffie12
    Wolffie12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think the "rewarding yourself" ploy is a great way to stay motivated. Since I only recently got my butt back up and working out like I should, I haven't hit a level that justifies the rewards I want. I've got another 8ish pounds to go before I get buy myself a rather expensive pair of boots that I've been drooling over for nearly a year. And from there another 30ish pounds to my goal weight... which is when I'll allow myself to get the tattoo I've wanted for a really long time. :smiley:
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yes. I tend to reward myself with something that accentuates my goal. Like if I nailed legs for the past few weeks and they're looking great, I'll buy a new dress or shorts. If my arms are the ones that responded best since last goal, I'll go for that awesome top I've wanted. I reward a lot of clothes haha.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    tattoos, clothes, new fitness equipment....
  • aemw93
    aemw93 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    No... but I think I might start! Hello motivation; goodbye bank balance. :p
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    duplicate thread