Today (well tomorrow) is the first day of the rest of my life (again)

Options
I joined myfitnesspal just before the New Year in 2013, I had got to a stage where I was miserable.
Last year I lost 32lb. I was so proud of myself.
I went from a loose 18/very tight size 16 to a nice fitting/slightly loose 14. I invested in a new wardrobe full of clothes that were bright and vibrant and even bought a jumpsuit, something I have wanted to do for a long time and never had the bottle.
I noticed that my hair and skin looked healthier. My body (as in my insides) felt great. I vary rarely bloated, hardly cramped even during TOM.

Then December happened and I not only fell off the wagon but the wheels broke off and went rolling off into the distance, leaving me with an overside plant pot.
I had nobody to blame but myself. I didn't have to have "just one more mince pie" or "a handful of Cadbury Roses" or "one more helping of christmas pudding" but I did.
My mentality was not because its Christmas, it was because its December.
By the 1st january I had put on 16lb and I have not yet found my mojo. As of this Saturday, I am only 3lb lighter than I was 15 months ago.
My self esteem and confidence has gone and my body hates me. My stomach is constantly bloated, I have aweful cramping and my body is objecting to my unhealthy diet.

Today, something amazing happened. My fella of 4 years took me shopping for a ring. We had talked about getting engaged for a little while and today we actually made it official.
So the way I see it is tomorrow is the start of a new beginning. I am not just a girlfriend anymore, I am a fiancee now and in the near distant future I am going to be a bride and then a wife.
I refuse to be a fat bride. I don't want to be so self concious about myself and my body that I let it ruin what I am told is one of the happiest days of my life.
So here it is my pledge to myself -

On Monday 15th March at 7am I will weigh myself.
I will aim to lose 1lb a week.
I will eat within my calories and I will exercise.
and when I lose half of my weight (and not before) than I will start to plan a wedding.

I can do this, I will do this... the white dress depends on it.

Replies

• summercore
    summercore Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully; best of luck to you!
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement and more importantly on your decision to get healthy!! You have so much to look forward to.
  • starjulia
    starjulia Posts: 22 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I sent you a friend request because i too am restarting tomorrow. Congrats in your engagement!