Using the FitBit on top of Map My Walk?

Options
I won a FitBit Flex a while ago at work, but never took it out of the box since I was using Map My Walk to track my exercising. A friend recently got a FitBit (a Charge, I think), and wants me to become FitBit buddies or something.

As far as I've been able to tell based on comments in this community, people don't think too much of the FitBit ,and the Map My Walk app is more accurate and can sync distance and time to my MFP account.

Is there anything additional that would be a good benefit for me to use the FitBit in addition to the Map My Walk app?

Replies

• Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    For me the Fitbit (One) is more accurate in calculating my total calorie burn over the day, incorporating deliberate "going out for a walk" walking and incidental walking. Map my Walk returns very high numbers for me for calories burned during a specific walk. On the other hand, I still use Map My Walk for recording walks. When I was deliberately recording a walk with my Fitbit, it wasn't properly recording my active minutes during the recorded period of the walk. I also like how MMW shows pace and elevation changes. I started out by linking them both to MFP, but my MMW activity was being pushed over to FItBit and giving me double credit for calories burned.