RAW VEGAN

Options
SO I HAVE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT THIS AND DOING SOME HOMEWORK AND JUST CURIOUS ABOUT HOW MANY OF YOU ALL DO A RAW VEGAN DIET IF ANYONE! I FIND IT AMAZING, PERSONALLY IT WOULD BE PERFECT FOR SOMEONE WITH A SWEET TOOTH LIKE MYSELF. I LOVE FRUITS AND GROWING FOND OF VEGGIES HAHA. BUT ANYWAY I WAS THINKING OF MAKING A CHANGE IN MY HABITS AND POSSIBLY GIVING THIS A TRY FOR A BETTER ME. MEATS MAKE ME FEEL SO GROSS WHEN I EAT THEM EVEN THOUGH I DO LOVE THEM, BUT I HEAR THAT GOING RAW IS BETTER FOR YOUR HAIR, SKIN, DIGESTIVE, IMMUNE LIKE EVERYTHING!!!

IF ANYONE HAS DONE THIS LET ME KNOW. I AM SUPER INTERESTED...

WHAT EFFECTS ON YOUR BODY DID IT HAVE, LIKE SKIN, HAIR, HEALTH, WEIGHT (HAVE HEARD PEOPLE GAIN) BUT ITS SO GOOD TO EAT ALL NATURAL..

THANKS! IN ADVANCED! :)

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why are you yelling?
  • pineappledreams32
    pineappledreams32 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    haha I wasn't just forgot to take caps off :p
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why does meat make you feel gross? I have no advice, I love meat!
  • pineappledreams32
    Options
    I don't know lately its just like not my thing, I mean fish I am fine with but like red meats maybe watching to many of those PETA videos are getting to me haha i have no idea
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I don't know lately its just like not my thing, I mean fish I am fine with but like red meats maybe watching to many of those PETA videos are getting to me haha i have no idea

Why not try vegetarian then? Or even pescatarian since you don't mind fish. You can cut back or cut out meat without having to totally restrict your diet.

You say you want to be healthy. The more restrictive your diet is, the harder it is to reach a healthy balance of what you need. A lot of people go vegetarian first, then transition to vegan. Raw vegan is the very extreme of the spectrum.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hi! Going raw does not have beneficial effects. If you do not like eating meat, then I would consider just going vegan or vegatarian.

Make sure you are careful about getting enough proteins (and making sure you get a good mix so as to get enough EAAs) as well as B12 (you can find it in fortified tofu and nutritional yeast among a few other vegan friendly foods).

Here are is a good list to some vegan sources of protein

http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/articles/plant-food-protein-chart.pdf

I would also suggest joining one of the veg*n groups - one of the more popular ones can be found here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I have been vegan for about nine years. I don't think there is any evidence showing it is beneficial to eliminate cooked foods from the diet. Raw fruits and vegetables are great, but so are grains, beans, and cooked vegetables.

If you don't want to eat meat, that's perfectly understandable. You can harness all the benefits of raw fruits and vegetables without eliminating cooked foods from your life.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Wait, you're claiming you were able to type that entire manifesto with nary a typo, missed punctuation, or grammatical error without noticing THAT YOUR CAPS LOCK WAS ON? SEEMS ODD, BUT MAYBE THAT'S JUST ME.

anyhoo, there's no magic in being vegan. There's no extra magic in being raw vegan. If you want to make the switch for ethical or taste preference reasons, go ahead but monitor your protein intake. If you think it's the magical weight-loss solution, it's not, especially if it makes it harder to adhere to your diet.
  • pineappledreams32
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Wait, you're claiming you were able to type that entire manifesto with nary a typo, missed punctuation, or grammatical error without noticing THAT YOUR CAPS LOCK WAS ON? SEEMS ODD, BUT MAYBE THAT'S JUST ME.

anyhoo, there's no magic in being vegan. There's no extra magic in being raw vegan. If you want to make the switch for ethical or taste preference reasons, go ahead but monitor your protein intake. If you think it's the magical weight-loss solution, it's not, especially if it makes it harder to adhere to your diet.

I don't see why it's a huge deal about my caps lock haha but I usually keep caps on so thats why I didn't realize. but I don't need to go on this was a post about being a raw vegan not why this girls caps is on.... rant over
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    OP - you don't log your food often, but of the food you do log, much of it does not seem like you will transition easily over to raw vegan. The majority of your food is non-vegan. The only fruit I've seen were apples. You don't have any nuts, seeds, sprouts or legumes logged.

(whispers - the all caps thing is an internet etiquette thing. It is basically shouting.)
  • cprice05
    cprice05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You can transition slowly. That's what I did. I started with vegetarian and kept some meat products. Then went vegan. Then plant-based vegan so I eliminated the processed foods. And then I went high raw. I say high raw because I still occasionally eat rice and nuts are a bit difficult to find that are raw.
  • chrissyfitter
    chrissyfitter Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi am a recent convert like 6 days ago to vegan. I have found amys gluten free tofu wrap. Yum. I eat tons of fruit and veggies. I also eat oatmeal. I am taking a vitimin b complex pill. I watched a utube video of this surgeon who is 98. He retired at 95. He has been vegan for 40 year's. After doing many heart bypass surgeries and he says he takes the b complex pill and that's it. Watch the movie forks over knives and Hungry for change. There on net flicks. I have dropped 3 lbs in a week. I have not had energy like this since I was 20 I'm 29. I feel clear headed. I'm never going back. I was up until 6 days ago taking a nap every day. I was always tired. I havnt had a nap since the first day. I was very addicted to sugar and chocolate. Now already I don't even crave it. If you watch those movies it will only help your decision.
  • rawveganbabe
    rawveganbabe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Raw vegan here!! Xoxo
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    necro thread
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »