How do /you/ do it?

Simple question...what do you do for motivation? Everyone has something...so I thought it would be great to hear what everyone else does/looks at to find motivation for fitness.

Replies

• KatieLK14
    KatieLK14 Posts: 90 Member
    I ride horses and work on a farm. I wear breeches (basically yoga tights with some suede patches for grip), and I just want to look hellllla good in them. thats one of my motivations haha
  • siurzua
    siurzua Posts: 62 Member
    I look at my before and after picture! Never going back, lol
    It's just not the picture. I also remember how I use to feel and I def choose Happy and Healthy:D
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    I am an aerialist. I wear bra tops and boy shorts when training. I want to compete, that will be in two pieces or leotards. My teacher is a world champion. That's my motivation right there. Looking good in my costume.
  • hanymamdouh
    hanymamdouh Posts: 123 Member
    I take off my upper cloths in front of a mirror, look at my newly gained muscles, contract them, and tell myself "Hey you are stronger than any craving or weakness, many people did it before you, and you wont be the loser"
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Over and over again! One day at a time. As long as I keep going somehow, I'll get there.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I'm not much into motivation, I'm more into habit-building. Motivation can slip away at times and you are left with a struggle, while habits are just a part of your normal day, just like brushing teeth or taking a shower. I don't tend to psych and encourage myself to take a shower, I just do it. I treat my weight loss similarly. With that said, I do get excited about fitting into something new (I buy stuff a couple of sizes smaller and shrink into them) and when I'm so close to having a perfect fit I tend to pick my pace up.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    I'm not much into motivation, I'm more into habit-building. Motivation can slip away at times and you are left with a struggle, while habits are just a part of your normal day, just like brushing teeth or taking a shower. I don't tend to psych and encourage myself to take a shower, I just do it. I treat my weight loss similarly. With that said, I do get excited about fitting into something new (I buy stuff a couple of sizes smaller and shrink into them) and when I'm so close to having a perfect fit I tend to pick my pace up.

Habit over motivation... I like how you think!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    i have a sailor jupiter costume hanging on my door that i want to feel confident enough to wear in public.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    If you want motivation to exercise and eat healthy, go into any Kohl's dressing room and try something on. I swear to the higher power, they design those rooms specifically so you look your very worst.
  • Just losing the weight can sometimes be the motivation. Every pound i lose, the better i feel, the more energy i have, the better i look. I have spent too many years looking in the mirror and not liking what i see. Not wanting to be in front of the camera, having no energy to do anything, getting winded very easily when i do do something. I feel so much better now, and i want to continue to feel this way........ that is my motivation!
  • katiejanecollins
    katiejanecollins Posts: 236 Member
    Motivation #1, all those Instagram girls who look amazing. A bad source I know, but it works. Motivation #2, dressing room mirrors (especially the double mirrors), seeing all angles of yourself in those is enough motivation to last me a life time haha.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

All of this.
  • wendykennedy219
    wendykennedy219 Posts: 6 Member
    My chronic pain motivates me because the more weight I carry, the more I hurt
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    My chronic pain motivates me because the more weight I carry, the more I hurt

nodding ...yes my knees hear ya on that one!