One bad day doesn't have to ruin this!

Options
hi everyone. I haven't posted here before. Have had success on MFP in the past, decided last Monday to start again. So glad I did! I was completely on plan Monday-Friday. Saturday, the wheels fell off. We had our St Paddy's day celebration, and I "partook". I was better than I would've been without MFP , but still was bad. Guessed my calories at 2000 for the day. Today was hard... I was so tempted to just go back to my old ways. After all, I wrecked it, didn't i? BUT, I got back on it, and finished the day on plan! I'm so proud of myself! And I feel better mentally, kind of like I conquered the beast... Well, for today, anyway!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Life happens and this is about living life. Great job pulling up your bootstraps!
  • mollypw1994
    mollypw1994 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    :)
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. Everyone needs to be reminded.
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    Hi, we all have our bad day, and some of those days are pretty bad. We feel bad, and think, what the heck, i am already doing badly, maybe i will just throw in the towel. The fact that you dont.... is the first step. Starting new habits, takes time, and a bit more time to instill as new habits. It will come, we have to take the time it needs to become a new habit. We all stumble, some of us even fall, but we have to get back up and dust ourselves off and continue on our journey. You can do this, we can all do this!!!! It took some time to put all this weight on, and get out of shape, it isnt going to fix itself overnight. Some days are harder than others,yes, but you can do this. If you would like some new friends, some extra motivation, a friendly ear, add me. I know how you feel.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Guessed my calories at 2000 for the day.

I would hardly call 2000 calories "The wheels falling off". That is probably about maintenance for you so no real harm done. If it is above maintenance it isn't by much so, still, no harm done.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    2000 is probably less than your TDEE... you're fine.
  • mollypw1994
    Options
    Thank you! What is "TDEE"?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I think my wheels fall off my wagon every weekend, but I just put the jack under it and put 'em back on and keep going.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you! What is "TDEE"?

Total Daily Energy Expenditure. The number of many calories you burn in a day doing whatever it is you do.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So about maintenance then. GJ, but chill out a little or you will drive yourself mad.
  • caffeinified
    caffeinified Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from the book 'Anne of Green Gables'

“Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it...well with no mistakes in it yet."

People mess up. But today is a new day. Make it awesome.
  • dblaacker
    dblaacker Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Eh, this happens to me every weekend. We've got to keep our bodies guessing, and what better way is there to do so than have an occasional "bad" day?
  • mollypw1994
    Options
    This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from the book 'Anne of Green Gables'

“Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it...well with no mistakes in it yet."

People mess up. But today is a new day. Make it awesome.

One of my all time favs, too!
  • iheartdinosaurs
    iheartdinosaurs Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Completely agree! Another thing that has helped me tremendously - no longer labeling a day as 'bad' purely because I overate. Saturday, I ate above maintenance - in the past I would have considered that a bad day, and would have guilted/punished myself for days because i HAD to absolutely make up the mistake. Now, I can look at Saturday and can remember it as a great day (cause it was! I had a good time with friends) and keep food intake as just another thing, one that doesn't affect the 'goodness or badness' of a day. Sure, if I want to continue losing weight, I can't repeat Saturday's intake every day. But overeating one day is not the end of the world! I will allow myself to feel good as I see my month to month progress. I will no longer allow myself to feel badly when things don't go as I hoped - I realized (probably later than I should have) that doing that was completely counterintuitive to wanting to live a successful/happy life. Might not work for everyone, but is definitely working for me!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    You actually did great. congratulations...for picking yourself back up.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I always had the attitude that a 'diet' always had to start on a Monday morning. Fall off the wagon on Wednesday afternoon? Start again on Monday.
    Now I try to think Ho Hum, and start again immediately. No reason not to start again on a Thursday evening.