Drinking Calories

Options
13»

Replies

• SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I drink alot of tea or diet mountain dew during the day. I really need to substitute that with water, but i cant bring myself to drink water. I like drinking things with flavor. Ive been stuck on the same weight now, and it might be water weight because of all the tea I drink.
    How much water should I drink a day to see results.

Yea, I hear you.

I do drink unsweetened tea with lemon. Herbal teas can be a great sub.

If I am on a soda binge, I will pick up some Perrier and drink that instead. Fizzy but just water.

• slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Squeeze a whole lemon into about a pint of water. Tastes great either warm or cold. Even though lemon is acidic, it turns the body more alkaline in the stomach. A more alkaline body is something we should all be trying to achieve. (fast food, ready meals etc make the body more acidic). Not good.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    Use Stevia for a natural sweetener and keep making those aspartame gains in your diet Mountain dew :). I drink at least 3 litres of tap water a day, but that's just because I love the stuff (making those Estrogen and fluoride gains lol).

While I alternate between granulated sugar, agave nectar, and Stevia just because I can, I think Stevia is one of the best types of sugar when trying to moderate calories. To me, it tastes just like granulated sugar.
    To me it just tastes bitter and really nasty - I think I read it's a genetic thing. I wish I'd known that before I bought a huge bag.
    I guess you have to have the taste for it.

I use Stevia on cinnamon french toast on Saturday mornings. It's sooooo good. :D
  • CindyRoseMarie
    CindyRoseMarie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I add slices of cucumber, orange, lemon or just about any fruit to a quart of water in the fridge. That way I always have flavored water.
  • CindyRoseMarie
    CindyRoseMarie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    KatieBea44 wrote: »
    If you find just water so bland, try making it citrus or cucumber water. It adds a light flavour without adding so many empty calories. Both cucumber and lemon aid in weight loss efforts, aid in digestion and lemon is a slight anti inflammatory for joints because it dissolves uric acid. :) On days where i find I don't want to be drinking regular water, I fill a jug with all the water I need in the day, and add 1 or 2 sliced lemons, rind on, and stick it in the fridge. I never fail to drink my water that day :)

Great idea. I like those also.

Yes, great idea, I do the same.
  • drewst18
    drewst18 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love propel water that is what gets me through the day. My rule is don't drink my calories but if I find that at the end of the day I have some left then I can have a snack and drink a iced tea or something along those lines. But there are some great alternatives to water that are low calorie.
  • VermontgirlinMA
    VermontgirlinMA Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add that tea/soda to your food diary and look at how its sabotaging your goals. You just need to detox from them and drink water. Buy Figi or other nicer tasting waters if you must. Put a lemon or lime in them (adds sugar but much less)...... if you stop drinking the other stuff for a week or so you won't even really miss it. And you will feel 10x better without all that sugar!
  • Manda_Sparkles
    Manda_Sparkles Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When I drink water I always get the different flavor packs like Crystal Light, or Wylers, or Hawaiian punch lemonade, strawberry lemonade, grape, etc. to add to my water because I hate the taste of plain water just to give my water a little kick.
  • AlyshaSaige
    AlyshaSaige Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There are also sugar free packets that you can add to pitchers that have like 5 calories in the whole thing. I have actually really been enjoying those, and I haven't had a soda in three months!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    switch to diet
    drink unsweet tea or with splenda
    drink flavored waters

lots of options
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Try adding calorie free flavoring to your water.
  • monkeystikx
    monkeystikx Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Have you ever thought, that maybe in your area you just have bad tasting water? Try getting a refrigerator filter/pitcher and try that. Maybe there are dissolved minerals in your tap water you find off putting.
  • Poobear7609
    Poobear7609 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Im defiantly gonna try to add some flavoring to the water I drink, and defiantly gonna try to cut down on the sugar for my tea gradually.
  • amitkatz0
    amitkatz0 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time getting over my addiction to soda as well. I started off by switching to diet, now I just drink plain water for most of my hydro needs. I still drink the occasional diet coke now and again just because I like the bubbles.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Well i thought there might be a problem with the tea, because I add sugar to it...And I probably drink 5-6 big glasses of it a day.

The tea is not the problem but the sugar you add to it certainly has the potential to make it a problem. It is recommended that people limit their added sugar intake to less than 10 per cent of their daily calorie intake; for the average woman that is below 10 teaspoons of sugar per day.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Oops, not the drinking I thought it was, carry on :drinker:
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I add mint leaves to my water - it helps with the taste because I'm not a huge fan of regular water, and it's crisp and clean tasting. Frozen fruit like strawberries, raspberries, and such are also a good addition. Granted I've been forcing myself to just drink water and have started gradually reducing the amount of sugar I use in my coffee and now water tastes very refreshing. I think recalibrating your tongue to flavor and sugar makes a huge difference.