loud chewers

Options

Replies

• Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I was on a plane for 3 hours the other day and little girl behind me was chomping, crunching, lip smacking... all of the above. I wanted to jump out of the airplane! :grumble:

hahaha....next stop the ground
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I chew quietly.... in public.

tumblr_m35sqbRNVy1r2hgzpo1_400.gif

Bwahahahaha!!! COMPLETELY ACCEPTABLE!
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Chewing noises only really bother me if I get visuals at the same time. Perhaps some of the noise would be lessened if you CLOSED YOUR MOUTH when you chew! About as appealing as a garburator in action.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options

Bwahahahaha!!! COMPLETELY ACCEPTABLE!

Ha ha ha!!! Must save this.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I am dying laughing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am also glad to know it's a true disorder and I'm not just a heinous b***h!

My boss will occasionally sit in his office and eat lunch. I can hear him chewing loudly, slurping, slopping, smacking, with his mouth open. My stomach is turning at the thought of it and he's not even in the office today! I have to immediately put on my headphones and drown out his noise with music!!!!

Lately, I've been bringing celery to work. CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH. I have apologized to coworkers around me, who then tell me they haven't paid any attention to it. Now I cut my celery into bite sized pieces on a plate to eat it because I can't handle the noise!!
  • Kacey11312
    Kacey11312 Posts: 55
    Options
    Yup, I have been diagnosed with misophonia -Kelly Ripa has it. I can get SO mad and aggravated that I have to leave the room. I also have a brain malformation that increases my sensitivity to sounds too. It's BAD.

I am ashamed. But seriously, close your mouth when you're chewing, don't slurp, and don't suck on fruit. :explode: :laugh:
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Too funny! There's one in the office right now. Loud chewer and talks with mouth half full.. I want to punch her in the face..
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lvo8isW1MC1r6aoq4o1_500.gif
  • irishscootz
    Options
    tumblr_m45gd9OMsU1ruyfj5o1_500.gif
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I chew with my mouth shut, I don't moan, smack or slurp. But my other half still complains. It's some kind of psychological problem he has, I guess.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with crunching as long as you have your mouth closed. There really is no stopping it if you are eating chips or something. The problem I have is with gulping... My Brother in Law gulps and I just want to punch him in the face... I sometimes catch my son doing it, and I tell him not to do that because it is rude. I make sure I say it when my brother in law is around. :laugh:
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Loud breathing and chewing. Thru their nose.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Ugh yes and loud breathers!
  • Cp731
    Options

Ha!! So true.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Loud chewing
    scraping the utensil with teeth
    setting utenils down in a very noisy fashion (to the point it produces a loud thunk or clink - depends on the surface lol.)
    slightly opening the mouth when chewing
    lip smacking
    finger licking
    and
    Belching
    Eating food ridiculously fast (to the point you're almost not chewing at all.)

Drives me absolutely crazy!

Other things that annoy me are excessive crinkle sounds (when it's really quiet) of things like potato chip bags. I'm not sure why it sets me off, but I usually have to leave the room when any of these things occur to save my sanity lol.

I feel really bad about it annoying me, which makes it worse because I know it really shouldn't. However, because of it I tend to pay extra attention to my personal eating / table manners (I don't do any of the aforementioned that I listed as annoyances.)
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Loud chewing
    lip smacking
    finger licking
    and
    Belching

Other things that annoy me are excessive crinkle sounds (when it's really quiet) of things like potato chip bags. I'm not sure why it sets me off, but I usually have to leave the room when any of these things occur to save my sanity lol.

I feel really bad about it annoying me, which makes it worse because I know it really shouldn't. However, because of it I tend to pay extra attention to my personal eating / table manners (I don't do any of the aforementioned that I listed as annoyances.)

LOL everyone!

This crinkle thing is annoying as well, esp if they keep reaching into the bag. For the crying out loud, put your chips in a bowl!
  • Cp731
    Options
    Loud chewing
    setting utenils down in a very noisy fashion (to the point it produces a loud thunk or clink - depends on the surface lol.)
    lip smacking
    finger licking
    and
    Belching

Um, Table for 1 you must eat alone a lot. :huh:
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Loud chewing
    lip smacking
    finger licking
    and
    Belching

Tell us how you really feel.
  • Kacey11312
    Kacey11312 Posts: 55
    Options
    Sadkitty27- You definitely have Misophonia. Just remember to count to ten, breath and try to get through it. Even though sometimes it IS the other person, it's you mostly. Your brain is picking up on noises that most people ignore. I'm right there with you and it's something I have to struggle with - before I knew what it was, I was a complete butt-face to a lot of people, especially my nieces. Walk out of the room if you have to, that's what I do.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Loud chewing
    lip smacking
    finger licking
    and
    Belching

Dang%252C+anything+else.gif