Options
13»

Replies

• Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ameengyrl wrote: »
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    @Lourdesong.... you must have nice long legs because although I can easily cross my legs, my ankles are no where near each other, definitely the dangling! lol... then again, I'm barely 5'4, so maybe that has something to do with it... ?

Hmm, not sure? I'm 5'5", and I perceive my legs to be average/proportional to my height, definitely not short, but I wouldn't consider them long/leggy either.
    I know I can't double-cross my legs, where you wrap your crossed over foot around/behind the other ankle/foot that is planted on the ground (if that makes sense). My legs are too heavy for that. Close but not close enough, need to drop more weight. :)

Now the double cross!! That is the ultimate mega winner loll. I don't have my sights set on that one. The only ppl I know that can do that are 100-120 and average height.

I'm 5'5", 160 pounds and I can do it.

I think it's less to do with weight and more to do with flexibility?

Perhaps! From your profile pic I can see you are QUITE flexible lol.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Ameengyrl wrote: »
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    @Lourdesong.... you must have nice long legs because although I can easily cross my legs, my ankles are no where near each other, definitely the dangling! lol... then again, I'm barely 5'4, so maybe that has something to do with it... ?

Hmm, not sure? I'm 5'5", and I perceive my legs to be average/proportional to my height, definitely not short, but I wouldn't consider them long/leggy either.
    I know I can't double-cross my legs, where you wrap your crossed over foot around/behind the other ankle/foot that is planted on the ground (if that makes sense). My legs are too heavy for that. Close but not close enough, need to drop more weight. :)

Now the double cross!! That is the ultimate mega winner loll. I don't have my sights set on that one. The only ppl I know that can do that are 100-120 and average height.

Yeah, I've only seen very very slim people do it. My legs feel naturally inclined to do it, it just can't presumably because there's still too much mass in my calves. It's annoying.

I'm 5'5", 160 pounds and I can do it.

I think it's less to do with weight and more to do with flexibility?

That's awesome that it's possible at 160. I'm pretty flexible and like you I have a history in dance, and we're the same height so I certainly hope that possibility works out the same for me too.

• vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It's not just crossing your legs, it's also things like kneeling and squatting. When I'm at a weight I'm comfortable with, I can do all of those things easily. At present, when I try to squat or kneel, the fat on the backs of my legs basically puts pressure on my knee joint and makes it painful. But yep, when I first got down to that weight it was verrrrry exciting :smile:
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I went from 230 to my current weight of 138 and had juicy thighs that did not want to cross until recently. Lol now I'm crossing my legs all the time, even in the bath tub. There is something so sexy about it... I also love that I can stretch my legs over my head. Yay for less juicy thighs!!
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Pfft. Depends how long your legs are and your body shape. I'm 5'1" with short, stocky legs and have always struggled to cross my legs! Granted, at the moment I'm 10stone 12 (152lb to most of you) but even when I've been closer to 9 and a half stone it's not been super easy! One day...
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    ooo, I saw the title and had to read. It was one of my first non-scale triumphs to be able to cross my legs at the thigh rather than over the knee IYKWIM (and I'm sure you do!) such a great feeling. I cross my legs all the time now and no-one else knows how happy it makes me to do such a simple thing! That, and seeing my collar bones even when I push my shoulders back. You've got to enjoy the little things ;)
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    OMG i thought i was the only one who was excited for this too. i have big thighs and when i cross my legs the leg goes way out diagonally and everyone else i see their crossed leg falls gracefully beside/horizontally to the other leg. i want that too.
  • serafinelaveaux
    serafinelaveaux Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You know, I couldn't cross my legs right even when I was just 5 pounds over weight. I've always carried my weight first and foremost on my inner thighs and that never allowed that graceful, knee-over-the-other-knee cross that my skinny legged friends could pull off.

Tho I do remember being able to ALMOOOOOST do it after months of doing mad amounts of plie squats.
  • cottony
    cottony Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    No it actually doesn't sound silly ;)
    I've lost 52lbs and, yes crossing legs now seems so comfortable and I actually feel smaller doing that, and not like a whale trying look just as good as those long legged skinny models. In general it feels like I take less space in any seat.
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    cottony wrote: »
    ... In general it feels like I take less space in any seat.

This is what I'm looking forward to most! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!