Is it normal to not feel like eating?

I can no longer stuff my face or finish an entire meal without feeling nauseated and disgusted by the food. I used to be an emotional eater and I would eat when I was bored. I seriously ate like a pig. Why can I suddenly not even finish a whole meal? I usually cut them and half, drink lots of water, and have very small portions a day. It's not because I want to. I just don't have the desire to eat food. Is this a disorder?

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Could be. That seems like a rather odd way to think about food. How many calories are you consuming per day?
  • pradosaskia
    pradosaskia Posts: 5 Member
    Hi janeiR36, thanks for the quick reply. I'm supposed to be 1400 but I'm usually under my calorie goal due to not eating. Today I had 900 calories so I guess that's an improvement from the past few days. Even the smell of food makes me want to vomit
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    That's definitely not normal, you may want to speak with your doctor and see if there's anything else health-wise that may be going on. Couldn't hurt to talk to a good nutritionist as well.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    A "good nutritionist" is a dietitian
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I wish I didn't have the urge to eat when I'm not even hungry. I've already hit my calorie goal today and all I want right now is a big bowl of icecream :cry:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    If it's just a few days every now and then, it's normal. Appetite naturally fluctuates. If it's an ongoing thing, you may have some issue behind it that causes loss of appetite. It could be physical, but it could also be psychological. If physical examination shows nothing then you need to investigate further.