I need some serious help with food at work

Options
13»

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I work security patrol nights for gov't & business... (I have no access to fridge or microwave) I take along HB eggs, sturdy lettuce leaves like romaine or butter to fill with lean sliced turkey, roast beef, or ham. On days when I need more fats for my macros I take celery and a good serving of old cheddar or an antipasto mix with mushrooms (raw pickled), green olives, thin prosciutto. I do about 3-4 km of walking during my shift though, so my calories for the evening may not equal yours. Hope it gave you some ideas though.
  • WillowThorn
    WillowThorn Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Try just drinking lots of water. I worked overnights for a few years and had access to junk food and the two combined did not do my health any favors....until I switched to water. Just take a sip whenever you feel a need to snack. It helps keep you awake too. For when you really do need to eat something, try something like carrot sticks and some nuts (just be careful not to go overboard on those)
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    You lost 109lbs. What did you eat then? Eat the same things, in appropriate quantities.

Stop eating because you're bored. Find something else to do to help your boredom instead.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    banana, apple, orange and I cut them up as I eat each one so they last longer than if I just bit into them. I bring hard boiled eggs and triscuits too.
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Another vote for breaking the habit. Food should not be your go to solution for when you're bored.