Breakfast ideas?

Options
I go to the gym for half an hour before work, meaning I then only have time to eat my breakfast at work. I usually opt for a smoothie but it doesn't fill me up enough - any quick and healthy ideas that I can eat at my desk? Bare in mind - I shouldn't be eating obvious things at my desk - hence the smoothie!!

Replies

• AliB118
    AliB118 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's really good for me or not, but I'm kind of in the same situation. I have a really long commute and need to be able to either eat on the way or something quick when I get to work. I eat an Adkins Advantage Protein Meal Bar. It keeps me satisfied for a few hours, it tastes good and it's low carb (net carbs).
  • pink_tink2007
    pink_tink2007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you tried adding protein to it? I have one a few times a week and keeps me full most of the day.
  • katiejanecollins
    katiejanecollins Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Have you tried adding protein to it? I have one a few times a week and keeps me full most of the day.

I add 1tsp of whey to it, any more than that and it turns horrible!
  • shelbymikszath1
    shelbymikszath1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Try to boil eggs the evening before and eat those? I love them and they are super healthy! Good luck
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    skip breakfast and just eat lunch.

That's what I do.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Maybe few nuts with your smoothie. Also what do you put in your smoothie? You may want to up your fiber or fat. I like putting chia seeds in since they seem to fill my up or I change up with throwing in some sesame seeds ( great water soluble antioxidants).
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    These! http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/crustless-mini-quiches-366969

As is, they are calorie dense so I use 2% milk to sub in for the whole milk and I leave the cream out altogether.

I sometimes make a batch on the weekend and eat on them all week. It's a great way to use up what you have in the refrigerator, and I use the pre-cooked turkey sausage crumbles. And using a muffin pan instead of a pie pan lets you have all sorts of variety.
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I used to make like egg tax-mex.
    I mix eggs, green or red pepper, onions, ham ( anything you can put into the omlet) . I bake it in the oven in the evening so it's ready in the morning. I used to eat it in a car on the way to work.
    I love it.
  • Sherryidic
    Sherryidic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bake scrambled eggs with veggies, cheeses etc in cupcake pans then you could cut them up and discreetly pop them in your mouth