Norditropin Side Effects

Options
I have a prescription for HgH (Norditropin) due to low levels due to no pituitary. Within two days of taking the injections I had a killer headache that wouldn't go away. Well, I attributed it to the introduction of a new hormone to my body, and have been taking OTC meds to cure the head pain. Well, yesterday I worked out with my trainer, and I was sweatting so much more than usual, my heartrate was high, and I felt like I couldn't catch my breath to the point at the end of the session, I started crying from not being able to breathe. I worked out with him on Friday night when I had stopped taking the medicine for a couple days to ease my headaches. I started it again on Friday & took it Saturday because my trainer noticed a difference in how strong I've become just by taking it.

Has anyone else experienced these side effects? If so, is there another HgH that doesn't produce them? I know this is a weight loss community, but there are some that do take HgH for body building, and may be able to help. The earliest I could get into my doctor is Thursday, so I am staying off the medication until then.

TIA

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    1cares wrote: »
    I have a prescription for HgH (Norditropin) due to low levels due to no pituitary. Within two days of taking the injections I had a killer headache that wouldn't go away. Well, I attributed it to the introduction of a new hormone to my body, and have been taking OTC meds to cure the head pain. Well, yesterday I worked out with my trainer, and I was sweatting so much more than usual, my heartrate was high, and I felt like I couldn't catch my breath to the point at the end of the session, I started crying from not being able to breathe. I worked out with him on Friday night when I had stopped taking the medicine for a couple days to ease my headaches. I started it again on Friday & took it Saturday because my trainer noticed a difference in how strong I've become just by taking it.

Has anyone else experienced these side effects? If so, is there another HgH that doesn't produce them? I know this is a weight loss community, but there are some that do take HgH for body building, and may be able to help. The earliest I could get into my doctor is Thursday, so I am staying off the medication until then.

TIA

Have you spoken to your doctor?
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    1cares wrote: »

TIA

Your Dr needs to hear about this. They will help you find a therapy that works for you.
  • 1cares
    1cares Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No...I talked to his receptionist to make an appointment. And I spoke to the nurse. I keep reading that all these body builders are taking massive amounts of this stuff, and I don't understand how they do it when I'm struggling on .4mg.

I see my endocrinologist on Thursday, but I have stopped taking it until then. The whole losing my breath thing really freaked me out, and that's what forced me to make the call.