Best Alcohol options to stay within my calorie goal?

Options
Big semi formal event this weekend and I'm already preparing for it!!

My go-to drink is a jack and coke. I was thinking that I would swap the regular coke for diet coke, so my only calories will be coming from the Jack Daniels.

Any other drinks you suggest that are low calorie? No beer! Thanks!

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I either will do Vodka with soda water and lime OR a glass of wine to just sip on slowly throughout the evening.
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I add club soda to my red wine, still feels like I'm having a drink but it's also a water.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Anything like rum, vodka etc with diet coke, or vodka and slimline tonic, or maybe a white wine spritzer (wine with diet lemonade).

To be honest, I rarely go out (3 young kids) so when I do, I don't care about my calorie count lol. Last time I went on a girly night out (over 2 years ago) I started off with good intentions, until my SIL bought some bottles of prosecco, then it progressed to shots and cocktails lol.
  • krisalexine
    krisalexine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just drink Jack on the rocks. You drink it slower (if you're not used to straight liquor) and there's no added calories from mixers :).
  • many_splendored
    many_splendored Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The suggestions I'm seeing are in line with what I say - I like a whiskey or rum with a diet coke, so it's equivalent in calories or less than a regular Coke or soda, but I still get my buzz. Also, I don't bother with pina coladas or daquiris, the sugar is way too far beyond what I like.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    You all are the best! Thanks :)
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    There is about 97 calories in a shot of vodka, 96 in a shot of whiskey, 98 in a light beer and 120 in a 5 oz. glass of wine so you can have about anything as long as you don't add sugary mixers and if you work it into your daily goals.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My new drink of choice has been iced tea vodka on the rocks.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    My go-tos are Vodka or gin (I love the lime twisted Seagram's) with diet tonic. I love wine, but that is a lot more calories. :wink:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    stick with standards- beer- wine or hard liqour- the mixed drinks tend to really add up quickly- I think Chili's margarita's clock in at like 550 calories or something absurd.

Just stick with the standards- you can get 2-3 drinks for under 500 calories and call it good.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    my usual go to is vodka and diet coke or vodka and club soda. I generally stay away from cocktails even though I love them as too much sugar or I may have one if I have calories left to have. :)
    Enjoy your event :) x
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I usually have a red wine or a lite beer. If I do have a mixed drink, it is likely to be a vodka tonic with diet tonic water.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    hard liquor will always be your best calorie wise. Shots, or mixing with diet sodas.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I like to sip a double shot of liquor (tequila!) and then have a pint of water. And then back to the tequila; and back to the water . . .
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Gin and slimline tonic is my favourite lower cal option. I find it's the lack of inhibition that ruins me in that I forget I am supposed to be eating healthily and end up eating all sorts! Have a great evening.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I'm over here drinking 600c beers...

OP, drink whiskey on the rocks and you'll be fine.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy beer more than hard liquor. Guinness delivers a dark thick rich flavor with less calories than you would imagine. I also like Yuengling Light in the summer when a lighter beer is better.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I'm over here drinking 600c beers...

OP, drink whiskey on the rocks and you'll be fine.

Mmm share plz.