Getting back at it

Options
so I've tried doing just calorie counting and I've tried just the fighter diet both with going to the gym but now I'm planning to do it all and see if that gets me anywhere!

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the fighter diet??
  • stephaniebutler2014
    Options
    Yeah you can google it. It's very popular amount MMA fighters and body builders
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Did they not get you anywhere?

Calorie counting on its own will work if done properly.
    Calorie counting with going to the gym will work even better id done properly.

The best regime in the world will not work if followed incorrectly.
  • pamelatorbett
    Options
    Along with calories, have you tried counting MACROS, it's used in bodybuilding, weightlifting, etc. That might be something you like.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    Yeah you can google it. It's very popular amount MMA fighters and body builders

i did, all the sites referred me to buying the program. what i could gather is that it is similar to paleo, which is low carb, but you can have some carbs in the morning.
    Sample Diet:
    Meal 1: Wheat bran, Whole flax cooked to Porridge, added vanilla Vp2, Cinnamon, Truvia
    Meal 2: Egg whites, CLA & Fish oil
    Meal 3: Egg whites
    Meal 4: Pre workout shake with BCAA’s, Glutamine & Beta-alanine
    Meal 5: Vp2 shake with BCAA’s, Glutamine, NAC
    Meal 6: Veggies, Chicken or Egg whites or Pink salmon, some Shirataki noodles & mustard
    Meal 7: Chocolate protein powder with cocoa powder and coconut shreds plus stevia to sweeten it

• Capt_Apollo
    Options
    Along with calories, have you tried counting MACROS, it's used in bodybuilding, weightlifting, etc. That might be something you like.

let's not put the cart in front of the horse.
  • stephaniebutler2014
    Options
    Yes it's is very similar to that diet plan but gradually increase to that intensity but counting MACROS no I've not even heard of it but will definitely be looking into it. As of counting calories before yes it worked but not enough to keep me engaged and with college and work I would forget to log in every meal. But I'm extremely determined bc I'm at my heaviest weight 138lbs at 4'9 I do not look over weight really but I am. My goal is 120lbs lean with muscle.