Dinner plan help for a former restricter.

Options
So for dinner tonight I'm planning on having one cup of potatoes(Baked) one cup of carrots(Steamed) and 1.5 ounces of pork..Is this too much? Too little? Would you change anything? I'm learning how not to restrict and recover from my ED so sorry if this seems dumb =/

Replies

• holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I would add a little more protein. Maybe 4 or 5 oz of pork.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    Sounds like what I normally eat. Potatoes, carrots and pork are all great options for a healthy dinner! I'd probably personally have a bit larger serving of pork because the protein will keep me fuller longer. :)

Maybe have a glass of chocolate milk or something with it! (I use 1 cup Silk light and 2 tbsp NSA Nesquik power...~90 cal)
  • seefyboy
    seefyboy Posts: 68
    Options
    Well that all depends, does it fit into your macros and calorie intake for the day?
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Like the others I'd suggest having a little more of the pork if you can manage it. 3-4 oz is an average portion of meat.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Will you be putting any toppings, like butter, on the potatoes and carrots? Will the pork be seasoned or breaded? If you're adding calories with toppings, you might be satisfied with the portions you mentioned. I agree a bit more pork would be good, but only if you're hungry enough to eat it.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I agree that first and foremost it should fit your calorie and macro goals for the day - definitely make sure those are appropriate!

But, that aspect aside, I think you're looking for help on building a balanced meal in general, which I think is great. I would say that adding a little more pork (3-5 ounces maybe?) would be good; protein is great and it will keep you feeling full longer. Also, carrots and potatoes are great food, too, but make sure you're eating as close as you can to the full rainbow of fruits and veggies every day - some green veggies would be a great addition, too!

Good luck, honey - it's great that you're taking healthy steps to eat a full and balanced diet!!

ETA - I just noticed how many times I said "great" in that post, lol.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you talk to a nutritionist to help determine an eating plan that is appropriate for you and your goals.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Add some fat (butter on the potato or carrot, or olive oil) so that you will actually absorb the Vitamin A in the carrots. Vitamin A is fat-soluable and you have to eat it with at least some fat, or most of it is not absorbed.