loose vs lose

Options

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Hmm can't believe you are at 676 posts and didn't realize this one isn't a good idea, people that usually post this topic are under 30 posts. What prompted you to do so now? Was it to make people feel bad about themselves because saying an adult is dumber than a 9 year old is pretty insulting. Keep going though, people are gonna love you...........what a gem.

with my username you really think i care what strangers think of me? L:OL
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It's great that you tackled this subject in such a condescending manner. That is a great way to reach people. /sarcasm
  • JennaViolet
    JennaViolet Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    hi3rw9wz2hyk.jpg

story of my life........... LOLOL

im a good grammar nazi though. i dont call out my friends (ummm usually LOLOL) and i won't do it on someones post. But i will make my own post about it. maybe someone will learn something.

hope springs eternal. LOLOL

You should probably use capital letters and apostrophes more consistently in a post that corrects people's grammar. LOLOL
    *I'm.
    *Don't.
    *Someone's... thought that should be 'somebody's'
    *'I' as in 'I', 'I'm' etc. should be a capital and so should the start of a new sentence.

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Hmm can't believe you are at 676 posts and didn't realize this one isn't a good idea, people that usually post this topic are under 30 posts. What prompted you to do so now? Was it to make people feel bad about themselves because saying an adult is dumber than a 9 year old is pretty insulting. Keep going though, people are gonna love you...........what a gem.

with my username you really think i care what strangers think of me? L:OL

Yea that's easy to do on the internet isn't it
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    It's great that you tackled this subject in such a condescending manner. That is a great way to reach people. /sarcasm

Well i mean, presumably these people are over 18 and not... 9.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    hi3rw9wz2hyk.jpg

im a good grammar nazi though. i dont call out my friends (ummm usually LOLOL) and i won't do it on someones post. But i will make my own post about it. maybe someone will learn something.

You should probably use capital letters and apostrophes more consistently in a post that corrects people's grammar. LOLOL
    *I'm.
    *Don't.
    *'I' as in 'I', 'I'm' etc. should be a capital and so should the start of a new sentence.

but at least my words are used properly! I may be lackadaisical about some things (apostrophes and capitalization among them), but I don't often use words incorrectly.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    lolol better here than on every post- all 800 of them i see a day with it used incorrectly.

wouldnt want to make any specific person feel bad LOLOLOLOL (would they though? probably not)
    As long as we're being spelling nazis... The one I cringe at is LOLOLOL. LOL is an acronym for 'laughing out loud'. I see LOLOLOLOL as 'laughing out loud out loud out loud out loud'.

Or do some people make a LOLOLOL sound when they laugh? Kinda like santa's HOHOHOs? :D

The over-inclusion of LOL drives me crazy.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    My gym t-shirt

Which I am wearing as I write

5135yT1xa-L.jpg

There's no hope for me ..but at least my PT is learning stuff

Ironic bahahahahaa

Is that cease or seize?

Ha! Just kidding. Although I do think the use of "cease" in the T-shirt might confuse some folks.

OP, you are fighting a lost cause. There are some things you simply must learn to ignore...

**Double checks grammar. Chooses "must learn" instead of "have to learn". Still writes in fragments.**

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options

Well i mean, presumably these people are over 18 and not... 9.

Age doesn't mean anything with learning.

Also, if you're going to pick on people's grammar, please make sure yours is okay.

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    this post will not make a difference, been here awhile to see that. loose is used incorrectly, muscle weighs more than fat etc, they are just part of mfp.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    hi3rw9wz2hyk.jpg

*I'm.
    *Don't.

but at least my words are used properly! I may be lackadaisical about some things (apostrophes and capitalization among them), but I don't often use words incorrectly.

Um, ok? So you can a la carte the rules of puncuation, and that's ok. But use loose instead of lose and you are dumber than a 9 year old?

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    how do I loose this thread?

and in..because this should end well....
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This thread will not do much good and will be deleted. But yes, loose as lose makes me stabby every time I read it.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I think we should start a movement to change it it so it's "looze" just like "booze" Forget the "s". That's what makes it confusing.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    I think we should start a movement to change it it so it's "looze" just like "booze" Forget the "s". That's what makes it confusing.

mmm booze. that would make everything all better.

:P
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I do cringe when I see loose instead of lose, but English is a second language for some people on here and I tend to let it slide.

Plus, my grammar is terrible, so I guess I can't really judge others. :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Making this a sticky to avoid the error might be nice.

I make errors all the time (some that embarrass me when I see my post quoted, since I'm not the best proof-reader), but I really don't understand how people think that the proper spelling of lose is "loose" (or misuse apostrophes so badly). I ran into that for the first time when I used to read sports discussions on usenet in the '90s (why, I don't know, it was a ridiculous waste of time!). "You're team is going to loose!" Ugh.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure we have seen this topic come up here once or twice before. I hope you're ready for what's coming.
    I will quote myself ^^^

They're fine. They don't bother me any. Never said i was perfect. It's a pet peeve. Like me bitching at my husband for leaving all the kitchen cabinets open. I'm pretty sure he does it on purpose. LOL

lots of LOL's just for *kitten* and giggles LOLOLOLOLOLOL
This discussion has been closed.