After 7 weeks, Ive hit a plateau. Help.

Options
MeiannaLee
MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
At 5'1,
Everyday Ive been consuming 1250 calories, but Ive upped to 1300.
I go to the gym 5-6x a week and run for 30 minutes then do lights weights for another 30 minutes.

Any help or ideas of what I should do?
I also have been super constapated lately and I dont know why. I love water, always have, I drink more than 60oz a day!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    MeiannaLee wrote: »
    At 5'1,
    Everyday Ive been consuming 1250 calories, but Ive upped to 1300.
    I go to the gym 5-6x a week and run for 30 minutes then do lights weights for another 30 minutes.

Any help or ideas of what I should do?
    I also have been super constapated lately and I dont know why. I love water, always have, I drink more than 60oz a day!

That may be your answer right there, sorry:(
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough fat and fiber? Low amounts of both can cause constipation. Remember that fat is an important part of our diets. Don't try to go super low.
  • jasonraygagnon
    jasonraygagnon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    2 weeks? Seems almost impossible to have hit a plateau. Are you weighing all your food and accounting for every little morsel?

Keep up the good work, it should reflect soon.
  • MeiannaLee
    Options
    2 weeks? Seems almost impossible to have hit a plateau. Are you weighing all your food and accounting for every little morsel?

Keep up the good work, it should reflect soon.

Oops I should have said that better, after 7 weeks!
    Ive been on a plateau for 2 weeks

• jasonraygagnon
    jasonraygagnon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    From what I've read, under 2 months might still be early for a plateau. With the weights you're doing, try taking physical measurements as you may not being seeing a change on the scale, but it may be happening (muscle weighs more than fat).
  • ejyoung30
    ejyoung30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb diet (no more than 30g) and have hit a plateau. My trainer told me to double my carbs twice a week. But I'm still at a plateau. So frustrating.
  • atsing8762
    Options
    Your body start burning fat after 30 mins you need to up your cardio to 45 mins to an hour. The more cardio the better
  • missioninprogress
    missioninprogress Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Make sure to eat 4 cups of vegetables a day or more. 1/2 cooked, 1/2 raw. change up your routine. That is what was recommended to me. Good luck! Keep up the hard work. The weight will come off.
  • MeiannaLee
    Options
    Someone mentioned that constapation had something to do with my halt in weight loss? Can that be a reason? Im eating way below my required fat intake. What kind of foods should I eat that contain healthy fats? (I know avocados do but thats about it)
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned that constapation had something to do with my halt in weight loss? Can that be a reason? Im eating way below my required fat intake. What kind of foods should I eat that contain healthy fats? (I know avocados do but thats about it)

salmon, beef, full fat dairy, eggs, nuts, nut butters

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    atsing8762 wrote: »
    Your body start burning fat after 30 mins you need to up your cardio to 45 mins to an hour. The more cardio the better

no.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Olive oil, nuts, higher fat dairy (if you include dairy in your diet, obviously), butter, nut butters, less lean cuts of meat, etc. You want to aim for something like .3-.4 grams of fat per pound of body weight.

Two weeks usually isn't enough time to panic. A plateau is closer to 4-6+ weeks with a change on the scale and no changes to your routine. At 2 weeks it could just be the constipation or water retention (from things like sodium, stress, hormones, TOM, a new exercise routine, etc.). Double-check your logging accuracy, drink plenty of fluids, and see if the scale catches up with you in the next couple of weeks.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Make sure to eat 4 cups of vegetables a day or more. 1/2 cooked, 1/2 raw. change up your routine. That is what was recommended to me. Good luck! Keep up the hard work. The weight will come off.

Veggies are great for making sure you're getting all those vitamins and minerals you need, but I don't see how not eating enough (cooked or raw) would halt fat loss?
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    You need a shock to the system. Drink more water and ensure your fat/fiber are sufficient. Incorporate a few breakers into your workout week - 15 min cardio - 30 mins weight lifting - 15 min cardio. Find a new muscle group to work on on that day.
  • MeiannaLee
    Options
    Also, when I first started I weighted 148lbs and my recommended calorie intake to loose 1.5 lbs a day was 1400 calories. Since then I am eating 1300 calories. I will try to balance out my macronutrients.