Halfway point!

Options
taymam
taymam Posts: 55 Member
I have been practically living off the success stories page, I find them so inspiring and a great reminder that my weight loss goals are truly achievable. Today I weighed in at my halfway point.

A little about myself, I have been overweight as long as I can remember. Tried to lose weight many times with no success. I credit this attempt at weight loss to a few things.

1) I went to counselling for post Partum depression and discovered that I never really liked myself, I worked threw some traumas in my past that I had been blaming myself for. Working through my emotional problems really helped me through.
2) I had made the decision to not have any more children, which is fantastic when you spent the last 3 years feeling like your body isn't yours while it goes through hormonal and weight changes you can't control.
3) I have less time for cooking with 2 small kids which actually made it easier since all my go to meals are fast and easy

Mfp credits my starting weight as 204, but my heaviest was 213 back in august. That is when I started going to counselling and making baby steps towards change. I decided to start January 1st at a start weight of 204. My goal is 150 for now. Today's scale is 177. Height 5"6

As uncomfortable as these pictures make me feel I'm going to post them anyways since I found other peoples pictures so inspiring

tfenriezbueh.jpg

65dx60y9sc0c.jpg

If I can do this, you definitely can!

Replies

• fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!! You're actually around the same height/weight as I started at, I'm 5'7, but was at 230 as my highest weight. Keep at it, you're doing amazing! :)
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! Great job! :)
  • sjrutherf
    sjrutherf Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great job! I agree that the success stories are super inspiring and yours just inspired me as I start this journey. Congratulations and good luck as you continue!
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    well done!!! :)
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Such great progress and killer curves :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Looking great! W00t!
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! You look great!
  • yokohemingway61
    yokohemingway61 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting-it's brave and inspiring-we are almost exactly the same weights-now and beginning and I want to get to 150 as well! Good luck!
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look great! Very inspiring.
  • deviousme7
    deviousme7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    nice work, looking good!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Holy crap you did that in 3 months?! That's amazing. I have only lost 7 lbs. Man I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Way to go!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Well done lass! You're ding so well :-)
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are doing great! Thank you for sharing your story and pics. I am inspired! :)
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Great job! What a difference! Congrats. Youll be at goal in no time
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Impressive difference! You're looking great! (*)
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow, big difference. You're an inspiration.
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wow - that is a remarkable transformation - you look fantastic. Please keep us updated as you get closer to your final goals
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Definitely can see the difference, great job working so hard to get healthier :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!