Whole eggs vs Egg whites

Options
I'm just curious about people's opinion on this topic. I myself eat 2 whole eggs every morning. The idea of just egg whites gross me out big time. Take out the yolk and you take out the flavor. I don't like hard boiled eggs though. Just over medium, I've also read tjat there's good stuff in the yolk as well not just fat.

Replies

• DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I used to do that...but my cholestrol soared. It's in the yolk.
    Try mixing whole egg and egg whites.
    Plain egg whites are gross!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Given that there is no proven connection between dietary cholesterol and serum lipids and that almost all of the good stuff is in the yolk........whole eggs every time!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I mostly eat whole eggs unless I'm seriously hungry and would want more than 3 or 4 eggs.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I think what you're doing is just fine. I eat whole eggs occasionally, the only reason I tend to do egg whites is cals alone. 1 egg white=15 cals, 1 large egg=70.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I usually have 2 whole eggs and add 1-2 whites. (My puppy gets the extra yolks) It depends on how I cook them. I love to poach eggs in a mix of tomatoes & hot peppers, then top with a little cheese - works well with extra whites.
  • Voserichard
    Options
    I usually have 2 whole eggs and add 1-2 whites. (My puppy gets the extra yolks) It depends on how I cook them. I love to poach eggs in a mix of tomatoes & hot peppers, then top with a little cheese - works well with extra whites.

I usually toast an English muffin put some butter on both sides and put an egg on each side. Really good.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Most of the nutrients are in the yolk !
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have three hard boiled eggs in the morning.

All that protein and fat keeps me going till lunch. The yolk is the most important part!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I like both-- unless the yolk is runny. Then no yolks for me.
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Personally, the only times I like egg yolks are when I am eating them hard boiled or fried. Other than that, I only like egg white.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I always eat whole eggs.
  • HolyPeas
    HolyPeas Posts: 71
    Options
    Meh, the yolk has a lot of nutrition but if you have a problem with cholesterol then you have to watch it. Personally, I eat the whole thing, but I only eat ONE egg.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    For me too is calories
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious about people's opinion on this topic. I myself eat 2 whole eggs every morning. The idea of just egg whites gross me out big time. Take out the yolk and you take out the flavor. I don't like hard boiled eggs though. Just over medium, I've also read tjat there's good stuff in the yolk as well not just fat.

Eat the whole egg. Then add bacon.
    /breakfast.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 whole eggs a day. One scrambled for breakfast and usually two hard boiled with some Frank's (NOM) as a snack throughout the day. Or I'll make egg salad with non-fat plain greek yogurt & dijon mustard and have it on some toast (also NOM).

Edit: I'll usually only eat just egg whites if I'm concerned about the calories. Not worried about the cholesterol/fat deal, it's good for your little tummy.
  • anazombee
    anazombee Posts: 31
    Options
    i like plain egg whites.
    I like egg whites with sea salt sprinkled on them
    I like egg whites on top of almond butter and a half a whole wheat muffin.
    You know you're doing right when you go with egg white =)
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Given that there is no proven connection between dietary cholesterol and serum lipids and that almost all of the good stuff is in the yolk........whole eggs every time!

This
  • p00ki3nb00
    p00ki3nb00 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like both, Can't stay away from over medium! But calorie wise, egg whites wins.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs = delicious
    Egg whites = ridiculous
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i usually do one whole egg in with 1-4 egg whites out of a cartoon. I used to do egg beaters just because it was yellow lol. i always put some cheese on it too and pepper and i honestly don't notice, but this is scrambled eggs.

i read that you shouldn't eat more then one whole egg a day, but if your otherwise healthy i'm sure 2 is no problem. more idk.

i personally just like to get my fat from other sources, such as PB lol