Summer's a new start! Help me find a swimsuit?

Options
Hi! I'm currently in a healthy weight zone but I'd like to lose about 3-5 lbs to satisfy my vanity. I'm a competetive gymnast, USAG L6-7, if anyone is "in the know" about gymnastics. I'm working out 4-5 hrs, 4 times per week now, so I'm on MFP partly also to make sure I'm fueling properly. I tend to try to cut back too quickly and wind up exhausted and upset.

It's summer, but I'm watching the rain pour outside the window right now. Sure doesn't feel like a pool-going day, though my gymnastics team is going after practice tomorrow for a little fun and some twisting flips off the diving board. I'm gonna buy a new swimsuit tonight, hopefully a two-piece! Does anyone have any tips on flattering cuts? I've got a "gymnast body" - thick thighs and wide shoulders/upper arms but pretty good lookin' everywhere else...I tend to look like a bodyguard with my shoulders in tank tops, so it'd be great to get advice on a good cut.

(Oh, the profile pic isn't me! That's Svetlana Khorkina in the 2000 Olympics...isn't she tiny?! She looks terrible...but she was a good gymnast.)

Replies

• KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Athleta suits are the best and they last FOREVER! Customer service is FAB and they can help you with all of that...even if you don't buy. You can call or email and they will help you with all of your questions...
  • mlv333
    mlv333 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have a similar body type. I have huge muscular legs and wide shoulders for a girl. I like tie side bottoms the cut is different then the brief kind. I can't explain it, but they never look right on me. And then for the top I like a halter with thick straps. Good luck shopping. I also love athleta. They are very cute.
  • bundt_royale
    Options
    Haha, I went to the mall...I was pretty tired and I didn't want to bother looking around too much. I couldn't find anything that fit in the top! I am chest-less, and I want a tight fit, not too skimpy, should stay on when jumping off diving board. I couldn't find any of the above in any swimsuit! Not to mention most stores don't stock smaller sizes nowadays, except for Abercrombie & Fitch, whose swimsuits look more like bits of material used like censor bars on TV - NOT functional. WAY too skimpy. I'm pretty happy with my swimsuit, though...it's Roxy. It's purple - and -black stripes on one side and black w/ purple polka dots on the other. Reversible!