What are your favorite snack items?

Options
vcorbin01
vcorbin01 Posts: 130 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I need some snack items for work. Please feel free to share some of your favorites :)[img][/img]

Replies

• Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    My favorite is non-fat plain greek yogurt with blueberries and walnuts mixed in
    Second favorite is garlic/dill cannellini bean dip with carrots and celery
    Third favorite is sliced apples with 2 tbsps of peanut butter

Just some ideas :)
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I do string cheese, apples, special k cracker chips, teddy grahams, bananas, pudding packs or yogurt.
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    cheesestrings & turkey pepperoni (110 cal)
    triscuits & skinny cow cheese (105 cal)
    homemade protein bars (96 cal)
    veggies (sugar peas, carrots, radishes, ones that don't need dip)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Graze snacks. If I don't have any, it's often a Greek yogurt with an apple (or a piece of cheese and an apple), or baby carrots... depends on how many calories I have left.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    apple, banana, orange, strawberries, trail mix, crackers but I often cave in and either buy something sweet or eat a doritos (1oz only)
  • amitkatz0
    amitkatz0 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky is great, it's almost entirely protein. Mixed nuts are good too, they're high in fat so they are quite filling.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Clementines
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I like Kar's All Energy Trail Mix. But really, when I'm trying to lose weight, I prefer to avoid snacks while I'm at work.
  • stephdeeday
    stephdeeday Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Pistachios
    Cottage cheese
    Yogurt with berries
    Cucumbers with hummus
    Toast with peanut butter
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Mozzarella cheese sticks, carrots and celery with a dip, apples, trail mix I've made at home.
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I buy the portion size baggies at the store for my trail mix.
  • AndreaEIE
    AndreaEIE Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love baby carrots, fruit, pudding cups (tried to love yogurt, but simply cannot stomach it), KIND bars (low sugar content, unlike lots of other protein bars), and peanut butter sandwiches.
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You may not like my answer: Don't snack at work. Break the habit of turning to food when you are bored or stressed. Drink water. Get up and walk around. Call your SO. Check facebook. Make a new habit for coping and break the one that contributed to you being here in the first place.
  • runnrchic
    runnrchic Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Peanuts that I have to shell myself. I shell them then weigh them. :p
  • TannunisFred
    TannunisFred Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love Apples with peanut butter, almonds, and Ranch Veggie Sticks that replaced potato chips for me.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    baby bel cheese, apple, almonds, carrots, grape tomatoes, some times a protein bar
  • SaraB_82
    SaraB_82 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Snap peas are my current addiction. Blackberries, grapes, other tasty fruits. Homemade hummus on crackers, veggies, or pitas. I like to toast 50 calorie flax pita with a little spray "i can't believe it's not butter" and garlic powder. Tastes like garlic bread! :D
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond salted caramel almonds
    Blue Diamond salt & vinegar almonds
    Cheddar and apple cinnamon rice cakes
    PB with saltines
    Banana with PB
    Apple slices with cinnamon
    Kashi bars
    SquareBars
    100 calorie bag popcorn
    100 calorie Emerald vanilla bean almonds
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    peter56765 wrote: »
    You may not like my answer: Don't snack at work. Break the habit of turning to food when you are bored or stressed. Drink water. Get up and walk around. Call your SO. Check facebook. Make a new habit for coping and break the one that contributed to you being here in the first place.

@peter56765‌ And you may not like my answer but if a person is hungry, they can and will eat/snack at work.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    for a salty snack, tomato slices with seasoning of choice, basil and feta. Maybe a drizzle of olive oil if I need to boost some fat intake or keep seasoning in place. For a sweet snack, cinnamon/sugar popcorn homemade