NSV, apathetic

Options
I don't know what my issue is.

I started out as a size 20. Today, I bought my first pair of size 8 jeans. They fit great.

I should be super excited, right? I was over the moon when I hit size 12. I'm feeling super apathetic about it.

I sorta feel like it's still not good enough - and I don't know why I think that! I've come a really long way and I've worked really hard.

I wish I could be in a place where I was celebrating this, instead of feeling vaguely sad.

Maybe just an off day. Sorry, guess I just needed an ear.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    OK so you're having a down day

Another day you're going to twirl in your new jeans, checking out your *kitten* in the mirror

I the meantime ... Amazing job! Down 6 sizes ..let your mind catch up

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    You're right - thank you.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're just having a bit of a flat day, we can't be enthused about it all day every day! But you've done and amazing job and rabbitjb is right, maybe not today, but you're going to catch sight of your reflection in those jeans sometimes soon and be stoked!!
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I think I can relate. I think the process becomes a bit tedious and frustrating.

I love to bake, and I have been working on my skills for a while. This weekend, I made my first detailed cupcakes. After I finished them, I felt disappointed because I didn't like them, and thought they looked bad. I put them up for a few hours, and went back to them and noticed they looked a lot better than I thought.

Maybe it would help you to step away from the situation. Sometimes, we get so wrapped up in other things, we don't really see the actual picture.

I hope your day gets better.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    First of all, you've done an EXCELLENT job. Going from a size 20 to 8 is no small feat. In the beginning your goal was to lose weight and you've done that. My advice would be to take the rest of this week and determine what your goals are. Do you want to lose more weight, gain muscle, do a strict pull-up, do a handstand, etc?
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Look at your progress pics again. Have a look at the clothes you used to wear. Today, wear something red.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    This is my fear. I'm afraid that no matter what I do or how my body changes, it won't be enough.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Look at your progress pics again. Have a look at the clothes you used to wear. Today, wear something red.

This. Look at the photo with the side-by-side blue shirt and white shirt. Then smile.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Could it be spring blues; mood not matching life? Have you enjoyed the process? I imagine it might be difficult trying to imagine a lifestyle that isn't focused on loss any more.

I get grumpy every time I lose another five pounds because it means finding a new wardrobe. It gets tedious. My granddaughter reminds me this is why I started this whole process in the first place. I find myself wanting to stall and stay in the same place for a while. Like another poster mentioned, get used to my new shape.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    Thank you all so much for listening <3
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was feeling that way one day last week. I couldn't even thinking about going to the gym and I was so annoyed with myself when I looked in the mirror and saw the "old" me looking back. I think we all just have those days. It will pass.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    You should be super excited about that screaming pigeon in your profile pic. Actually, you're not obligated to feel any way about any thing. It doesn't mean you're taking it for granted and it will all go away. It just means you're having a bummer day and being thin can't fix it. It's cool.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    You should be super excited about that screaming pigeon in your profile pic. Actually, you're not obligated to feel any way about any thing. It doesn't mean you're taking it for granted and it will all go away. It just means you're having a bummer day and being thin can't fix it. It's cool.

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you so much <3