Is it okay to go to bed hungry?

Options
13»

Replies

• noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I went to bed hungry last night and dreamt about food all night.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Hungry - Yes
    Hangry - NO
  • anapro19
    anapro19 Posts: 3
    Options
    4 words, all that needed to be said.
    adowe wrote: »
    Hungry - Yes
    Hangry - NO

• cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have a really small snack (1 T. peanut butter with rice cake or couple of crackers) maybe 2 1/2 hours before heading off so going to bed hungry doesn't happen to me. I cannot sleep otherwise.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I don't sleep well if I eat too close to bed and if I'm sleepy I eat way more throughout the day, so for me it's better to go to bed hungry.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I generally lose appetite after 6 pm, so that's when I have my last meal. It's rarely I'm hungry right before bed, but lately I have been acquiring the habit of snacking on fruits before bedtime because the family would sit together watching tv or doing some kind of activity with a bowl of fruit in the middle. I have not noticed any difference in weight loss between being an early eater and a late eater.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    anapro19 wrote: »

The digestive process is the same but I think the other poster is making the point that eating late at night might affect OP in other ways, such as ultimately increasing appetite. I don't think he was saying OP will gain weight, just offering that the times we eat relative to sleep are known in the research world to be interconnected processes as far as appetite etc. So certainly it's entirely possible to eat late and lose weight. Maybe that is all the OP was asking.

It astounds me that I can say the exact same thing that other people (including yourself) have said on other threads and get an argument for it. The point is that the digestive process is the same. It does not matter what point that the other poster is attempting to make, as it does not negate the digestive process being the same. The OP is not asking about circadian rhythms in the first post. The only thing the OP is asking is if it's okay to go to be hungry. The correct answer is the one that has been given: it's fine to go to be hungry, but it's also fine to eat before you go to bed, as the digestive process is the same and it won't affect weight loss. Circadian rhythm, metabolic disorders, whatever, are all beside the point. Interesting? Yes. On a tangent from the OP's question? Probably.