Sugar Addict

Options
Ive been using FitnessPal consistently for awhile now. I have a Garmin fitness tracker that I LOVE. However I'm not seeing any results because I let sweets take the best of me! I'm considering doing a "sugar free" day or week to try and calm my intake levels down, but it feels impossible! So I'm turning to the community for some support:)

Replies

• sasheljohnson927
    sasheljohnson927 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it. What kind of sweets do you normally crave?
    Try and substitute the sweets you crave with fruit that's taste as sweet or sugar free sweets. I'll take the challenge with you.
  • mjessee2
    mjessee2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mostly chocolate. Candy isn't usually a problem but cookies, brownies, cake, pie, and muddy buddies are things I have a hard time refusing. What kind of fruits do you recommend? Or does it matter?
  • klynshoe
    klynshoe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey, how's this challenge going? I'm thinking of doing the same thing and struggle with the same sweets as you. I can be perfect on my diet all week long and then eat an entire bag of Dove chocolates in one sitting. I really need to figure out why I do that and STOP it!! I'm not depressed, I exercise everyday, I get in a ton of protein.... I really think its just a sugar addiction and nothing else.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I think it is the idea of being "perfect" on a diet. Really, I think of it as learning to live in a different way. It isn't about being perfect, but learning what works for you, which is going to be a balance of things.