Can your body prevent weight loss?

Options
Hello,

My name is savannah. I'm 5'4 and 120 lbs with a goal weight of 105. I was recently sick- no throw ups or diarrhea, but some headaches and loss of appetite- and lost 5lbs, bringing me down to 115. I was so happy! But two days after ( eating roughly 1000 cal per day) I gained back all the weight lost! This has happened before. Does my body just want to stay at 120? Is there a way to lose any more weight??

Replies

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    You were probably just dehydrated. Calm down.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't prevent weight loss, but weight lost due to dehydration is regained quickly by drinking water rather than from calories.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    At your height you would be about 10 Lbs underweight at 105 Lbs. At 120 Lbs you really don't have any weight to lose.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    You're already on the lower end of healthy weight for your height. Odds are any weight from fat that comes off will be slow going.

I don't think 105 is a good goal for you. If you don't like how you look, strength training/body recomposition would probably help more than continuing to lose weight.

~Lyssa
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Eating too little, eating too much, working out too much, stress, too much salt, medications, water retention... need I go on? :D:(;)o:)<3
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I agree that you probably lost as far as the scale showed due to dehydration. Then it came back. In addition, you didn't have as much food in your stomach (you say your appetite was down) so just the normal day-to-day weight of food was less than usual. That's pretty normal. :)