Recommended food scale brands?

Options
So I've just (re)started this whole fitness debacle after about a year of saying "Yeah I'll get to it eventually." After reading through literally every stickied post I could get my hands on, I've come to one little teensy weensy conclusion.

The only way I'll get anywhere is if I buy a food scale and park it in my kitchen and use it, gosh darnit.

Any suggestions? I'd like one that isn't too space consuming, preferably with a digital readout.

:) Thank you in advance!

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I have a stainless biggest loser one. It is very skinny so can be put on a shelf when not in use and it is easy to wipe clean. It was only $25 at my local meijer. Lots of surface to weigh on compared to our last one and it goes from oz, fl oz, ml and grams and can be zeroed out after each ingredient which is awesome because it means less dishes.
  • oilburnerguy
    oilburnerguy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Look at the Sharper Image Precision Digital Food Scale. I just purchased it. It's small and accurate to 1/8 oz or 1 gram and cost ~$25.00.
  • mokaiba
    mokaiba Posts: 141 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    any that weigh in grams to 1g/0.5oz accuracy.

I have this one: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozeri-ZK17-Epicurean-Digital-Kitchen-Scale/33354055

- put dish on scale.
    - press on, it will cancel out the dish weight.
    - put food in dish
    - voila, food weight in grams.

Its very useful to have one, eg, I just bought two packs of chicken from walmart. The nutrition label says 112g with 7 in each pack. I weighed all the raw chicken. all except one was over 200g. Most were over 300g.
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I bought one from target last week for $14.77. The brand is called Taylor.
  • bostonultd1
    bostonultd1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ozeri on Amazon, $14 with free shipping
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Oxo is the one i have - weighs items up to 5# which is handy and it has a pull-out display so you can see it easily even if you have a plate on the scale. I got it on amazon~