If it's healthy is it still a night binge?

Options
Mondays I work 9-9 & I'm too broke/too busy to buy food out. I used to meal prep but I found myself eating it mostly because I didn't want to waste it/even if I wasn't hungry.

So, most of my food throughout the day on Mondays is snack stuff: hummus and carrots, yogurt and fruit, protein bars, jerky, etc. So when I get home from work at 9, I'm hungry.

Tonight after work I ate: 2 cups of yogurt, 1 banana, 3 tbsp peanut butter, raw fit chocolate protein shake with unsweetened almond milk, a builder protein bar, and a morning star chicken pattie. I had about the same amount of calories I had in one day in one hour at night.

Is overeating at night an issue when you eat healthy?

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you are still hitting your calorie targets then, no its fine.
    I eat the vast majority of my calories in my evening meal. You seem to have the nutrition side covered so the only other aspect to look at is eating at the right times to deal with any hunger and it seems to be working for you, so dont worry.

Tbh Id call a bing eating thousands of calories over your target for extended periods.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm a bit on the fence. Just because it isn't a "meal" doesn't make it a binge, but just because you're under your calorie goal doesn't mean it's not. For me a binge is a mental thing. If I'm starving and choose to eat a bunch of separate "snack" type foods instead of preparing a big meal, that's just eating. But if my eating is determined munching of everything I can get my hands on, regardless of (and often in spite of) feelings of satiety then to me, it's a binge. It's really a state of mind I suppose.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine in your example.