Irish Gal looking for motivation!

Options
Hi Guys,
First of all, lovely to meet ye all!
I have finally decided to turn things around and really work on losing a few pounds.
I am thinking to have friends who will motivate me in a non-judgemental environment would be great!
I am great for the sport but not consistent and my weight has been piling up this year with lots of exams and stress, but no more excuses!

Replies

• UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Erin. :)
  • ejmcgovern
    ejmcgovern Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin! I sent you a friend request - hope that's ok!!
  • seefyboy
    seefyboy Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi Erin :)

I too am from Ireland. From Cork to be exact :) I'd be happy to help you out.
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin! I sent you a friend request - hope that's ok!!

Yep, I accepted. :)
  • carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ej we gave the same surname :)
  • FreeWatermelon
    Options
    Hello! Great to know that you want to get into shape! How much are you wanting to loose? Good luck, take one day at and time and your results will be piling in! Anna x

Anyone looking for weight loss friends please add me.
  • paigemulroe
    paigemulroe Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi, I can use all the motivation I can get, feel free to add me!!
  • Patriots96
    Patriots96 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! this site is awesome and the people are really supportive! :smile:
  • ejmcgovern
    Options
    Ha ha!! It's the best surname! Are you Irish? I can tell you about the roots of the name if you're not!
  • ejmcgovern
    Options
    Hello! I am looking to lost around 20 pounds as a good healthy weight for me. I'm 152 pounds at the moment and 5 feet 1 so I am on the 'overweight' category on the BMI scale. I would love to change back to the 'healthy' scale!!
  • carolmcgov
    Options
    I am hun, live in Kildare. Where abouts are you from ?
  • ejmcgovern
    Options
    From Cavan originally - but living in Dublin
  • carolmcgov
    Options
    My dads family originated from Cavan. We go down there a bit. I love it! I live a mile or so from Dublin so almost a Dub. Lol
  • ejmcgovern
    Options
    Thanks Patriots!
  • misstammy123
    misstammy123 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from co.down and looking to give support and have some like minded company on this journey... Add me if u like. I come on everyday. But unfortunately today has totally exploded my 1330 calorie intake as I have been to frankie and Bennys for dinner so I am feeling bloated and annoyed with myself. Oh well back to porridge tomorrow! Not even going to try the scale on Monday... I'm dehydrating with all the heat we are getting so there is probably water retention! How are u getting on?
  • TamPinkerton
    Options
    Hi! Im just starting back into getting healthier and loosing some weight too. Studying and working I have been way to sedentary and not looking after myself. Would be great to motivate each other to keep going :-)
  • ejmcgovern
    Options
    Hi I'm from co.down and looking to give support and have some like minded company on this journey... Add me if u like. I come on everyday. But unfortunately today has totally exploded my 1330 calorie intake as I have been to frankie and Bennys for dinner so I am feeling bloated and annoyed with myself. Oh well back to porridge tomorrow! Not even going to try the scale on Monday... I'm dehydrating with all the heat we are getting so there is probably water retention! How are u getting on?

Hi tammy - hope you're getting on better. Sorry I only saw your post back there now. Well I am getting on ok, have lost 4 pounds but unfortunately the weekend was less than perfect so I haven't gained, but also I haven't lost! Today is monday so trying to get back on the bandwagon as they say! I have exams this week, so hoping to maintain rather than lose. I am having the biggest difficulty with bread - when I have a slice I get a real craving for more a few hours later. So I am contemplating cutting it out completely! How are you doing in the last 10 days or so? Good to have a nordy on board! I went to school in Fermanagh myself so a half a nordy!!! xx :flowerforyou:
  • ejmcgovern
    Options
    Hi! Im just starting back into getting healthier and loosing some weight too. Studying and working I have been way to sedentary and not looking after myself. Would be great to motivate each other to keep going :-)

Hi TamPinkerton! Lovely to meet you. Well I know studying is NOT good for the old BMI!! I have lost 4 pounds since joining MFP - what has struck me is how hard it actually is to lose weight!! I have found putting in absolutely everything you eat (the good, the bad and the ugly!) - has allowed me to realise just how much I was eating before and now I have a clearer picture of what I actually would like to treat myself to (rather than gobbling everything tasty in sight!)! So welcome! You can do it grrrl!!!
  • tinylittlelove
    tinylittlelove Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    WELL HELLO! :)

If you're looking for someone super positive and overly supportive for some motivation then that would be ME!
    Would be super awesome to have you as a friend!
    I'm always logging, however this week I go on HOLIDAY! woopwoop!

Yeah so feel free to send me a friend request too and LETS DO THIS :bigsmile:
    xxx
  • TamPinkerton
    Options
    Keeping a food diary with friends is great for accountability and making you think twice before you eat something! It really helps me stick to my meal plans which makes a big difference. When Im not logging in, it is really just too easy for me to break! Especially with bread, that is usually my quick fix for any stress. Trying push ups instead! Loosing weight is tough, but Im trying to focus on being healthy with what I eat and making sure I do some exercise every day. Great to be doing this with you! (hope your exams went brilliantly :-)