help

Options
Hi.. strength or cardio? What will help me me loose weight the fastest?

Replies

• kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You could start a riot with this question! The simple answer is to do whatever you enjoy and do it at increased intensity.

Personally I do a combination of strength days and circuits/boxing which I consider my cardio.

In my opinion, building and maintaining muscle is a very efficient way to burn calories even when you aren't working out and I like the sound of that!

Working with heavy weight is a great way to sculpt and tighten as well as burn fat. And feeling strong is better than feeling skinny any day!

• lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @kcf2424‌ I've done solely cardio to lose my weight but that's because I'm not capable of doing strength training due to my back. But like @Karen_libert‌ said, do what you enjoy. Exercise is supposedly only 20% of losing weight so the majority of it is what you do in the kitchen.

But I wish I could've done heavy lifting!
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't be a question of one or the other. Try doing both as they both have benefits.

Strength training won't make you butch or bulky etc and cardio isn't just for people who are scared of lifting.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit is how you lose weight. Cardio increases your overall fitness, and strength training works to strengthen and retain your muscles.
  • shelbymikszath1
    shelbymikszath1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You should do a bit of both, alternate where you different every other workout for example