Newbie (kind of)

Options
kyleekay10
kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
Hello all!

My name is Kylee and I'm 22 years old. About a 1.5 years ago I started using My Fitness Pal, but stopped due to a less-than-supportive home environment (my ex-husband was not willing to help me out with cooking, counting calories, portioning meals, etc). I am currently going through a divorce and want to make sure I take this step to get healthy, and stick with it this time. :)

In January of this year I weighed 142lbs. I currently weigh (as of this morning) 130.0lbs. My goal is to reach 120lbs (I'm 5'5'').

I look forward to interacting with many of you and giving/receiving support. This is quite a lifestyle change for me, as I will be working out 5x per week and actually cooking for myself (my ex used to do all the cooking- I've cooked maybe 10 or so times in the past 4 years). I will be eating 5 mini meals a day, which I started this week, and I find it's much easier than I anticipated.

Well, that's my story. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• ejmcgovern
    ejmcgovern Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new too! Kind of...joined year or two ago and seem to have made more gains than losses on my weight since then. Good luck with the weightloss and the cooking!!!
  • KlaJWolf
    KlaJWolf Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello new friend :)

Divorce is never fun. I'm actually on marriage number 2. I got this one right though. First one I think my brain wasn't functioning! Ha.

They say it takes 14 days to create a habit (however, I've had people tell me 7, 21...etc) however long it takes! Let's get after it!

Best of luck!
  • mwiechel
    mwiechel Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    welcome back. So sorry you are going through this divorce. I am glad you are looking forward with the right attitude though! Looks like you are making positive changes in all areas of your life. Feel free to friend me, I'd love to help encourage and support you!
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the warm welcomes! I'm quickly being reminded of how great this community it. :)