Food diary question...help please!

Options
i have just downloaded this app as I thought a food diary would really help me. I thought there wa a "data base" of nutritional information Will I have to enter it all on my own or am I missing something??

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    There is a huge database. Click "Food" up at the top. Then choose "Breakfast" "Lunch" "Dinner" or "Snacks" Then type in your food that you want to enter. When you find what you're looking for, make sure the amount is right and hit enter. It will show up in your food log for the day. Once you've used a food, it will be in your own personal database which can make it much easier to find again next time. You'll just see it show up when you click "Breakfast" or whatever.

Do double check that the info is right. A lot of entries are put in by members, and not all of them are accurate. You can click 'nutrition info' before you hit enter, if you want to check first. Otherwise, you'll just see it in your food log and you can look at the nubers there.

The database is huge and can be a bit daunting at first. Just play around with it a while and you'll figure it all out.
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    There is, but often the best way to search for items is to use the barcode reader... Granted not everything Is in the database, but there is ton of stuff... Just search when you go to add to diary. Related results will pop up.