Best Fitness/Activity Trackers

Options
Good morning all! I have LOST my Fitbit One and I'm lost without it. Fitbit sent me the One right when it first came out because my Ultra was cracking after less than a year of use so I've had it quite a while now. I definitely need a new tracker and may be looking to upgrade. Please tell me what trackers you love and why! I am looking at the Fitbit Charge HR, Garmin Vivosmart, Nike Fuel Band, Jawbone...I'm open to anything but I think $200 would be my limit. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I'd save the money and stick with what you know works. I have tried most of those units and they all do about the same with just varying levels of functions. The most expensive offer GPS tracking which it NOT worth it for all by 5% of hard core people, IMHO. The added cost is always high and using GPS kills battery life - in most cases a tracker says it will last days, but only hours if you use the GPS. I am also about any device that allows for connecting to a chest strap HRM. The newest LED tech just doesn't work very well in comparison and the novelty of tracking your HR all day wears off quickly. You really only NEED to look at HR zones during workouts so a chest strap is perfect.

My .02
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I was actually looking into a Garmin Forerunner 15-it's a combo HRM and activity tracker. I use a Fitbit zip right now, my old Polar Ft4 HRM died a few months back. I personally benefit from trackers to make sure I stay active throughout the day, plus I just started running last year and would love the GPS. Right now I run with my phone, a fitbit, a HRM, and my MP3 player-it's a bit excessive. I haven't bought the FR15 yet, so I'd be interested to see feedback from others.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex & a Jawbone UP24. They both do the same thing, but Jawbone's customer service is horrible.