Serious question

Options
jt880
jt880 Posts: 163 Member
My doctor just prescribed a cocktail of medication to fight off an infection the last one being a serious steroid here's the list

azithromycin
Levocetirizine
Polymyxin
Methylprednisolone

My question is should I not workout while recovering from this infection while on these meds. The little guys have lots of nasty side effects listed too.

Replies

• glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't your doctor be the one to answer this? A bunch of strangers in an internet forum are not qualified.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I would talk with the doctor/RN or the pharmacist about it.
  • jt880
    Options
    I did talk the pharmacist and he said that other than being a little jittery I should be ok for workouts. My doctor said to take it easy for a few days but light training should be ok. Its the jittery part I'm worried about.
  • StarrySkies10
    StarrySkies10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been on steroids for over 10 years and jitters from them are normal. I'm constantly on antibiotic cocktails for infection preventatives. Since you aren't used to these medications most doctors tell you to take an easy incase you have an reaction to them. Of course, I am no doctor. So, I'm just giving you advice from what I myself has experienced with these medications.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    jt880 wrote: »
    I did talk the pharmacist and he said that other than being a little jittery I should be ok for workouts. My doctor said to take it easy for a few days but light training should be ok. Its the jittery part I'm worried about.

There's your answer, then. Keep it light/easy, and if you are jittery, to the point where it's causing problems, back off or stop.

You can't anticipate everything. You've got reasonable advice from your doc/pharm, so give it a go see how you do.
  • jt880
    Options
    I went ahead and took today as a rest day just to be safe.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    One day is not going to make a difference in the whole scheme of things.
  • jt880
    Options
    I agree I did get a little shaky this afternoon but nothing too terrible it was like a good espresso buzz.