Would you agree with my BF%?

Options
Hi, so this isn't specific to gaining weight but from what I've seen in this forum it has the most experienced weight lifters, bodybuilder type focused people (at least in my humble opinion). I started Body Beast on New Year's as a resolution and I'm almost done with Round 1...then I'll start Round 2. I have a caliper at home but I've been saying that my starting BF% was about 22-23% and my current BF% is about 18-20%. I'm 5'11, 208 lbs...based on these pictures would you agree with my guess? Also, my goal this summer is to get to about 15% BF in the next 3 months, do-able? Any tips to get there?

m0vpm3pibomx.jpg

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'd say you're still mid 22-25 range.

I think the original caliper reading was low.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Being said- you've done great work.

Although reading your numbers and thinking a little bit- I feel like you should at that weight and height look leaner. You don't have access to a gym at all?

I'm not familiar enough with body beast to give a good opinion but odds are it's not enough for the growth you're going to want to see.
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hard to say. Everybody carries fat in different places based on genetics, which makes using comparable photos of people at given BF levels difficult. Your body also carries some of your fat internally, around organs (which is extra frustrating in a cut when you are losing weight, don’t see it coming off the exterior, and immediately start to jump to conclusions that you are losing muscle and need to increase calories). I would put you at roughly mid twenties. Only real way to know for sure is BodPod/dexascan/hydrostatic.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Agree with above...low to mid 25% range...google BF% pictures to get a better idea.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to estimate numbers for men and only a rough idea for women. But I think it sort of comes down to this - can you grab a handful of soft stuff on your belly? If so, it is probably fat. I think yes, you could work towards having less of it by summer :)

(I'm working on being able to pinch way less than an inch.)
  • cdlee05
    cdlee05 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    body beast has been a good weight program for me to do at home 6 days a week. I've done a gym in the past but between a young family and not enough self discipline to keep a good gym program the dvd at home thing has been working for me so far.

thanks for sharing! i'll keep at it, I know it'll take time.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I think you've done a fabulous job! Congratulations.

I'd keep cutting and doing any kind of lifting I could.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Can confirm.

25.43626% is my estimate. :smile:

Seriously, that's about how I looked at 25.

15% in the next three months is pretty much dreaming the impossible dream for most folks. Not saying it's impossible ... but why not give it five or six months. More do-able for most, and much easier.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I'd say your 23-25% right now. You're doing great regardless of the number, keep up the outstanding work.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I agree with others...25% range...

however, don't let it discourage you ...keep eating in a deficit and lifting big and you will get there...

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I'm in agreement with the others. You are just around 25%. Regardless, great job so far.

Would also agree with mid 20's. Great progress.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I'd guess mid 20's