when did you start noticing weight loss?

Options
How long into your new work out and eating plans did you start noticing the scale change? Did you notice your body looked Diff Before the scale did?

Replies

• deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    tbh my scale shows a 15 pound difference, but i can barely tell in the mirror. my clothes fit a lot better tho :)
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty large, so changes aren't that noticeable on me for other people. But I could tell after the first week that my pants fit better because they had gotten a bit snug on that top button and now they're back to fitting appropriately.
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I noticed at 2 weeks, I lost 10lbs quickly because it was mostly water weight and I noticed a change in how my clothes fit immediately.

Other people started noticing around 30 lbs gone and commented that I looked younger and my face looked thinner.

I'm at 43 lbs gone as of now and I have dumped my entire 22W wardrobe to donation and am able to wear 2 sizes smaller in women's plus size tops and bottoms. I was always told in retail that a 15 lb loss was equal to going down one size. For me so far it is approx every 21 lbs lost I go down a "size".

The way my clothes fit (or don't fit) is my main motivator. I also try to keep in mind that women's sizes are unregulated and vastly inconsistant in general, unlike some men's clothing which use an actual measurement, in pants and dress shirts for example.

That being said, I also love to see the results on MFP for the weight loss chart!
  • K3rB3ar89
    K3rB3ar89 Posts: 263 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Woo good job guys! I can't wait to see and feel my clothes fit better again! I lost 30 pounds last year and Gained it back stupidly so I know how hard it is to get far enough to see a diff! You should be so proud of yourselves!
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    The scale started changing pretty much immediately after I started. I don't really know when I started to see the difference in my body.
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    The scale changed from day 1. I'm now 7.5lbs down and I'm beginning to feel a difference in how my pants fit.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    K3rB3ar89 wrote: »
    How long into your new work out and eating plans did you start noticing the scale change? Did you notice your body looked Diff Before the scale did?

Haven't noticed yet. :\
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I had 40 pounds off before I, or anyone else, noticed.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    No one else has noticed that I have lost 18.9kg/42lbs. I still wear the same size clothes but they fit much better.

I feel that my stomach is MUCH smaller. I see some changes to the shape of my upper arms. My waist was 127cm and now it is 108cm.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    40 pounds before anyone else noticed. I noticed at about 30 clothes were looser, but I had a lot to lose.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Well the scale said I lost 10 pounds in 1 month when I started, but I still felt and looked the same to myself. But then I took an after picture and I was shocked to see that I had acually slimmed down xD.

Even now, I still look in the mirror and feel really fat.
  • katekc22
    katekc22 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I started noticing around 3-4 weeks, everyone else noticed alittle before I did.
  • johnboy916
    johnboy916 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I started noticing actual loss after 3weeks. First thing I noticed was my double chin and neck had gotten noticeabley smaller.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    im down almost 30 pounds and still dont SEE it (i used to think people were crazy when they said things like that)

im buying smaller clothes, and people are noticing. but i dont SEE it.

• Bulls_23
    Bulls_23 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    im down almost 30 pounds and still dont SEE it (i used to think people were crazy when they said things like that)

im buying smaller clothes, and people are noticing. but i dont SEE it.

Unfortunately I've noticed that for me a lot of times I always see myself at my worst. So even though I'm down in weight, if I see a picture of myself I still feel like I look fat.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Other people started noticing after 20ish lbs. I started noticing at 30. I think it all depends on how much you have to lose and how you carry your weight.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Lost 2 pounds my first week. Noticed differences in my first 5 pounds.
  • solnapug
    solnapug Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm down 19 pounds and don't see it anywhere. My "big" clothes are no looser and the small ones don't fit any better.
  • jessjess210
    jessjess210 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I felt it in my clothes first, then saw it in progress pictures after 6 weeks. Scale stayed the same until about 8 weeks...even then just a small decrease. Lifting heavy and eating at a deficit
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Day 27 and I'm down 4.4 pounds. I'm noticing changes now. Clothes a little looser/better fitting, more energy, craving good foods, enjoying the feeling of working out.