Anorexic v.s. Fat Words Hurt

Options
2»

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    There are two threads going... This exact topic is also under "Introduce Yourslef"....
  • Emilio_C
    Emilio_C Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I use to be really skinny, I was 119lbs. 6'0 before I started lifting. I started lifting about 5 days a week for 1-2 hours a day. When I first started I took mass gainer shakes & tried to hit 5,000 calories a day which most of the time I hit. I have a very fast metabolism too so I wasn't concerned about fat. Three years later I'm at 165lbs. solid muscle with a tiny bit of fat in my lower abs. I just stopped taking mass gainers & I'm on whey & creatine. I dropped most of the fat in my stomach area in around a week & a half. Creatine Monohydrate (Creapure) is GREAT, I just started taking it & my strength has really gone up.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    being called "skinny b1tch" hurts. I used to be fat, now I am thin, and when someone calls you that, it actually isnt very nice at all.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    being called "skinny b1tch" hurts. I used to be fat, now I am thin, and when someone calls you that, it actually isnt very nice at all.

So you say, and I believe you, but I cannot believe that I would personally be anything but ecstatic to hear that.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

So you say, and I believe you, but I cannot believe that I would personally be anything but ecstatic to hear that.
    i know i know, I thought I'd love hearing that too. but it was pretty biting.

Now, I hear Im too uptight around food, and that Im a *kitten* because I dont engage in the same eating behaviors I used to. Its a bit like being called a combination of nazi and anorexic.
  • carynrequejo
    carynrequejo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    People can be so mean sometimes! I can't tell you how many times I've had so called "girlfriends" say the rudest things about my weight. They think it's okay because I'm skinny. They wouldn't dare comment about someone who was overweight. Rude is rude!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Alassonde wrote: »
    I guess as a long time fat person, I would have adored being called skinny. Would you love to be called fat as an alternative to skinny? I'm just curious if it works like that for people tired of being called skinny.

I don't know why people would fight being naturally slim. It's the ideal. Has your doctor told you that you should gain weight? If it's just a couple people making rude remarks, cut those people out of your life. However, more than likely "eat a cheeseburger" is stated in jealousy, not disgust. Since any fat person would take being called skinny as a compliment, they may not understand why you take it as an insult.

I don't think there's a person on the face of the earth that would want to be called fat. But, I would guess a good 40% of the population who wishes they could be called skinny.

Now, if you want to gain muscle, that's a completely different discussion. For that, weight training and eating more than your maintenance calories is the key.

In my own experience, I tried and tried to gain weight because I was bullied unmercifully. I had people physically pushing me around, drawing stick people and labeling them with my name, following me into the bathroom to make sure I wasn't throwing up, and calling me every possible nasty name that you can associate with being skinny. Some comments I got even as an adult:
    "You need to gain some weight. You look sick all the time."
    "Eat more burgers. Don't you know men don't like skinny women?"
    "If you just gained a few pounds, you would look great in that dress."
    "Don't stand sideways, no one will be able to see you."
    I had teachers digging my lunch bag out of the trash at school to make sure I had eaten all my food.
    It's all in how the comments are presented. If someone says, "Oh, you have such a tiny waist!" I consider that a compliment. When they say you look sick and need to gain weight, that is not a compliment. I had people telling me basically I was a terrible person when I was pregnant because I was too skinny and it wasn't healthy for my baby (not according to my doctor). I COULD NOT gain weight. Gaining weight is no longer a problem for me, but I still get beyond angry every time I hear the "real women have curves" that is so popular now.
    I would think that it would be nice if people could not call other people fat or skinny. I think that would be awesome.

Amen. I think it's really interesting how similar some of the bullying you experienced was to my own life. People really need to be more original. But, then, bullies have never been known for their sharp thinking.

And, so with you on wanting to drive a stake through "real women have curves."
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    I guess as a long time fat person, I would have adored being called skinny. Would you love to be called fat as an alternative to skinny? I'm just curious if it works like that for people tired of being called skinny.

I don't know why people would fight being naturally slim. It's the ideal. Has your doctor told you that you should gain weight? If it's just a couple people making rude remarks, cut those people out of your life. However, more than likely "eat a cheeseburger" is stated in jealousy, not disgust. Since any fat person would take being called skinny as a compliment, they may not understand why you take it as an insult.

I don't think there's a person on the face of the earth that would want to be called fat. But, I would guess a good 40% of the population who wishes they could be called skinny.

Now, if you want to gain muscle, that's a completely different discussion. For that, weight training and eating more than your maintenance calories is the key.

In my own experience, I tried and tried to gain weight because I was bullied unmercifully. I had people physically pushing me around, drawing stick people and labeling them with my name, following me into the bathroom to make sure I wasn't throwing up, and calling me every possible nasty name that you can associate with being skinny. Some comments I got even as an adult:
    I had teachers digging my lunch bag out of the trash at school to make sure I had eaten all my food.
    It's all in how the comments are presented. If someone says, "Oh, you have such a tiny waist!" I consider that a compliment. When they say you look sick and need to gain weight, that is not a compliment. I had people telling me basically I was a terrible person when I was pregnant because I was too skinny and it wasn't healthy for my baby (not according to my doctor). I COULD NOT gain weight. Gaining weight is no longer a problem for me, but I still get beyond angry every time I hear the "real women have curves" that is so popular now.
    I would think that it would be nice if people could not call other people fat or skinny. I think that would be awesome.

Amen. I think it's really interesting how similar some of the bullying you experienced was to my own life. People really need to be more original. But, then, bullies have never been known for their sharp thinking.

My personal "favorite" is "meat is for men, bones are for dogs."
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

preach. i like to respond with "no, real women have XX chromosomes."
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    There are two threads going... This exact topic is also under "Introduce Yourslef"....

It's confusing when members do that. ugh Probably why there's a rule that says no duplicate threads! :#
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

I think it's one of those things- when someone's trying to insult you- and be mean- you're going to know it- and be insulted.

I've been called every name under the sun- including C you next Tuesday- many times- and only once was I TRULY offended. Seriously- c*mguzzlingdumspterwhore- whatever- didn't care. Because I knew they weren't really serious- or it was out of anger.

It was when someone else ACTUALLY called me the C you next Tuesday- and MEANT it specifically to be degrading- then I was mad.

So you can be any shape and size and be insulted- somewhere someone will have something to say- people insult me I'm sure- and sometimes I'm offended- sometimes I'm not. But ultimately if someone's trying to be mean and belittle you- it doesn't matter- it's still wrong and hurtful. The actual shape or position the person is receiving the insult is irrelevant. It's not about them anyway.