Headache durning exercise.

Options
Yesterday was my first spinning class and durning the class I started to have bad headache. I went at my own pace and drank a lot of water. Tomorrow is my second class and I hope does not happen again. I don't understand what it could be.

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    As with all health issues, if it happens again, I’d go see a doctor. And, keep on going at your own pace and work up to a level where you can fully participate. Patience and persistence.
  • bearinthebigbluehouse
    Options
    Ok Ty! I took this class a few years ago and loved it and did it for 2 years and this has never happened to me but I was younger and not as heavy. I was in better shape then.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hydrate before, during, and after a strenuous workout.

I also agree with Allan, check with your doctor if it continues.

For me, some exercise equipment/work outs make me feel dizzy and nauseated just from the motion. I get motion sickness on an elliptical and the one spin class I did caused a similar response.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I had exertion headaches and they absolutely sucked. Indomethacin taken before working out did a lot to prevent them. Now after losing all the weight and that I am in better shape, I rarely get them anymore.
  • IrZeo
    IrZeo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I had this when I started out losing. I soon realised that the reason I was having headaches is because I was drinking literally just three glasses of water a day. I upped that to 8 glasses (or more) and suddenly not only did the headaches stop, but my workouts were energized!

But like the others say, advice on here is well and fine but we aren't Doctors. If it persists - just to be safe, head to the Dr. Office!

Good luck!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I get them too after my workouts,I drink plenty of water and even eat something before and after and I still get them. dr told me it was from my blood pressure raising slightly because of all the extra blood flowing and being pumped. was told as long as I dont get dizzy,nauseous or faint or any other symptoms then no need to worry, try a slower pace or a different exercise and if it still happens talk to your dr to make sure.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Could it possibly be your posture/form on the bike? I can get awful headaches from keeping my shoulders too tense when I'm running.
  • bearinthebigbluehouse
    Options
    It was better today. I drank more water and no headache. I felt great!