HELP

Options
I'm a couple of months into my journey with MFP and just figuring out how to work it properly. I need any tips, recipes and motivation. Got a lot to lose. I'm getting bored of eating the same things all the time and find it extremely hard not to snack on rubbish! Any help would be appreciated x

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want, just don't go over your calorie allowance.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I have found batch cooking and portioning out servings to be the most useful tool in my arsenal. I cook a variety of dishes and freeze single serve portions: sirloin steak stir fry, spaghetti and meat sauce, turkey chili, chicken pesto pasta, pork tenderloin and rice. Actually, I make all things I like to eat. Since the portions are pre-measured, I stay in my calorie level. And as most of it is frozen and thawed out on an as needed basis, I am not tempted to eat a giant plate of spaghetti. I fill in with lots of steamed and roasted veggies. I snack on boiled eggs, string cheese, fruit, yogurt. Since I've been doing this for almost three years, it has become automatic and sustainable because I am physically and emotionally satisfied. No need to feel deprived.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    No food is rubbish. food is food