iPhone & Logging on MFP app

Options
I've been using the app on my iPhone to scan bar codes for awhile now. Recently updated to the newest ios version and for some reason the flash light comes on whenever I try to scan a bar code now. I cannot seem to get that to turn off! I've tried Googling and checking a few leads but nothing substantial. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?! It's driving me a lil batty! Thanks!

Replies

• blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Anyone? Any ideas?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    The flash light? That is actually isn't a flashlight but a focus light used by the camera to put light on stuff it needs to be able to see, such as a bar code. It is actually a hack to use it as a flash light. The new IOS probably fixed a bug where the focus light wasn't turning on when it should, so it may be functioning correctly now.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    Options
    I updated a few days ago and it's still a problem though... I called it flast light because I wasn't sure what else it was called.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    That is the expected behavior. If the room is too dark, the camera needs the light to focus on the bar code. If the room is bright enough the light shouldn't turn on.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    Options
    I thought as much too and played around with that. I can be outside in the sun and it still comes on. I can be in the kitchen with tons of lights on, it still comes on. I've tried different rooms/different lighting to no avail. :(

And it never happened, ever, before the ios 8.2 update...
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Did you try the good old standby of turning your phone on and off? And/or deleting the app and reinstalling it. Those basics seem to fix my phone/Ipad/laptop/computer problems 95% of the time!
  • blossomingbutterfly
    Options
    Sadly, yes I have. Both actually.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    what version of ios are you using what what version of myfitnesspal? Mine knows when its light enough or dark enough and turns on or keep off the light. I couldnt find anything in either MFP's settings or iphone's setting to play with this setting.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    Options
    ios 8.2 and no idea for the MFP app, it updates automatically when an update is ready.
  • TannerBoyl
    TannerBoyl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had a different problem with my MFP app after the last iOS update. My solution was to delete the app and then re-install it. It worked for me. It may fix your issue.
  • seufael
    seufael Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It’s 2023 and it’s still very annoying having the torch turning on automatically when scanning bar codes. Would be great letting the user decide if they want to turn the torch on… try scanning it before and add a button to enable/disable it. Tks!