Not logging fruits & veggies?

Options
anyone has tried stop logging in fruits and veggies ans still eat their calories? And lose weight?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Not logging fruits and vegetables doesn't make the calories go away. Not sure why you would want to do this.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Your question doesn't make any sense. If you're not logging fruits and vegetables, how would you know if you're "eating your calories?"
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    No. Because if I ate at my deficit and then ate 200 calories worth of fruit, I'd be at maintenance....
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    A lot of fruits and veggies are high in calories, bananas, avocados, etc. count them, it adds up quickly.
  • linamisiute
    linamisiute Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It just a question, i dont think fruits or veggies will make you gain weight or make you fat!
    I was asking that because my friend on weight watchers and they don't count fruits and veggies( im not talking here about high calories veggies like avocados and potatoes) .
  • linamisiute
    linamisiute Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Its just so annoying when you have to do a salad to weight and count everyyyything...
  • arditarose
    Options
    It just a question, i dont think fruits or veggies will make you gain weight or make you fat!
    I was asking that because my friend on weight watchers and they don't count fruits and veggies( im not talking here about high calories veggies like avocados and potatoes) .

No food in particular makes you fat. Eating over maintenance causes you to gain weight. If you're eating at maintenance, and then you add a few hundred calories in fruit every day-you will gain weight.

I don't know what's up with weight watchers.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Yes they will if you eat over your maintenance!!!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Well I'd have 250 unaccounted calories for today (or more if I get lazy and swap my logged popcorn + marge for more fruits or veggies). So... no.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Its just so annoying when you have to do a salad to weight and count everyyyything...

I don't weigh my leafy greens, that's personal preference. But once you're in the swing of things, it's super fast. A lot of my salads are the same, and if not-I'm usually putting in ingredients I've used before or in other dishes, and I typically have about the same amount all the time (150 grams of zucchini, 75 grams of tomato, etc), so they are already in my recent meals list.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Any calorie eaten in excess can make you gain weight. In a typical day, I eat hundreds of calories of fruits and vegetables -- not accounting for those could easily derail my progress.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

How so? Takes the same amount of time as it takes to weigh and log everything else.
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If you input the salad in recipes it's a lot easier to log, but yeah you really do have to weigh everything. An apple or banana is easily 100+cal. Weight watchers is much different than weight watchers, and I believe the reason they stopped giving points for fruit and veg is because it would really be less than half a point or something for an apple and you would have to eat a lot of fruit to stop weight loss on that method.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Logging fruits and vegetables is super easy on MFP.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    They have calories, so they count. I don't get it.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I find logging veggies a pain in my tush since I eat a lot of them in every meal but 30 cals here and 30 cals there add up! So I do it anyways. The only thing I am sonetimes lazy about is spinach.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Of course eating too much fruits and veggies will make you fat!
  • ivoluntas
    ivoluntas Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I count everything. Even the ten calories my lettuce has. It all adds up and I just like being in the habit of logging what I eat.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I tried it and I gained weight. I log EVERYTHING now, even when I take a bite of my kids meal I find it and log it.
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Question of the day???? So is it not annoying to be over weight? I would think that would be worse than taking the few extra minutes to weigh everything.