confused what to eat and what's not........as am breastfeeding too :/

Options
I joined MFP yesterday. Little confused right now what should I eat. As my 1 year old son never drink any formula milk I have to feed him. So I want a diet that never effect my feeding.

My biggest problem is I am very much sugar addicted. Can't control this. Hope it will get some motivated and supportive friends here. Finger crossed ☺

Replies

• threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    If you drink alcohol, do a pump and dump session.

Otherwise, just eat as normal, at a deficit. Perhaps I don't understand the question :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    At 1 babies drink cows milk anyway, not formula.

There's a breastfeeding log in the food database that subtracts calories from your daily amount, probably around 200 for a 1 year old. It's 500 for little babies.

Just stick to the allowance MFP gives you, with the 200 extra, and you should lose.

By sugar addicted, how much sugar are you eating? Just factor in a little treat everyday.

Apart from that just eat healthy meals that fit into your calories. I'd assume your 1 year old is eating solids? Obviously you need to introduce healthy eating habits for him.
  • FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I found, when I was breastfeeding, those sugar cravings are fairly primal. I tried to curb them, with varying degrees of success, but try to be patient, eventually it settles down (in my case, after two and half years, when she weaned herself!) Breastfeeding mums do have extra nutritional needs, so perhaps seeing a dietician might help?

I just find weight loss can take a bit longer when you're breastfeeding, but you'll get there eventually
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    If your baby has food intolerances, which you would have figured by now, then avoid these foods. Do not starve yourself (i.e. do not aim for 700 calories per day) and do not get dehydrated. Other than this, there are no limitations, you can restrict calories in moderation and exercise, just like everyone else. If you deprive yourself from nutrients because of e.g. avoiding certain food groups completely for whatever reason, it is your body that might suffer. Unless you are severly malnourished, your milk supply and your child will be fine.
  • Eldee32
    Eldee32 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank u everyone for replying me. My first day is going well. I never ate sugary items today and I ate healthy foods too. But I am going to attend a dinner party now. Hope I will eat healthy items