Need motivation

Options
Need to loose weight & jus don't have the motivation to do it . Someone help

Replies

• RuthieMuffin
    RuthieMuffin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is not going to be what you want to hear, but unfortunately you are in charge of your own motivation.

Two years ago I realised I had gained a lot of weight and I made an "effort" to try to lose weight. Really, my heart wasn't in it, and I was unsuccessful. Over a few months, I lost maybe three pounds. I failed, stopped my "weight loss" efforts, and continued to gain weight.

What ultimately worked for me was that I happened to come across a reason or a goal that became more important than eating food. You have to find something that works for you. You can say that you want to lose weight because you need to for your health or you need to so you'll stop feeling miserable about yourself or whatever, but unless you really care about WHY you're trying to lose weight, you'll never do it.

My personal motivation is not going to work for anyone but me, and it's going to sound shallow, but it's what I love. I worked in fashion for many years, so what ultimately kicked me in the head was my love for clothes. I wanted to be able to fit in to my old clothes - and fashionable new clothes. Ultimately my love for fashion became more important than my love for eating.

Like I say, it's a shallow reason, but if that goal ultimately stopped me from being overweight, improved my health, and got my eating habits under control, I personally don't don't care. I'm very proud of what I've accomplished.

Over the last year I've lost 43 pounds, I kicked my addiction to sweets, I control my portions, I'm conscious about my activity levels, and I eat more healthy food than not. I still have a way to go, but I'm proud of what I've done, and I couldn't have done it without that one goal that is more important than just losing weight to lose weight.

Just wanting to lose weight is not enough to make it happen, as anyone who has struggled can tell you. Find a reason that really speaks to you and who you are. The beginning is always the hardest, and if you stumble along the way, don't let that stop you from getting back up and continuing on. It will always be a struggle, so you need to remember the reason why you are doing what you're doing, and focus on that to get you back on track.

I hope you are able to find your own motivation and good luck!
  • korisherman
    korisherman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ruthie is right, you have to find a good motivator to keep you going. Although, everyone sometimes needs a daily dose of motivation, your major motivator must be something personal to you and no one can provide that to you. My major motivator is simple, I want to prove that you can still look good after having 4 kids. My body will def never be what it was but I still want to make the best of it. I also want to set a good example for my kids. both in activity levels and eating habits. You just have to find what motivates you. I hope you find it. Please feel free to add me as a friend and I may be able to provide small doses of motivation, lol.